“Very disappointing food and service”

Peck's Old Port Cove
Ranked #9 of 110 Restaurants in Crystal River
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had a 6:30pm reservation tonight...were seated promptly, waited for the rest of our party to arrive. When they arrived, took 45 minutes to order, another hour until we got our soup, then another 45 min until entre came out if kitchen. Waitress kept appologizing about the kitchen being slow. Two people ordered stuffed catch of the day, one had the shrimp on top as suppised to be served, other diner, no shrimp. One ordered cheese grits, no grits served. Third person ordered crab legs, came 10 minutes after everyone else served...baked potato was hard inside. Coleslaw tasted like it was watered down, usually there coleslaw is very good. Had to send coke back twice, seemed very weak on the coke syrup..finally switched to ginger ale. A diner bumped into server and she dropped a whole tray of drinks which splattered all over my friend's leg and handbag. Took forever for someone to get a mop and a wet floor sign was NEVER placed at the wet spot. Not sure if I will dine there again.

1  Thank Biney
Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

If you like crab this is the place for you, or any other seafood for that matter, pretty much all locally caught and prepared to perfection. Great views and sunsets can be spectacular, well worth the drive to get there.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We drove out to Pecks, for the drive, as well as the food. Both were fabulous. We had a lunch plate.. Pick 3. We chose shrimp, oysters and scallops. Cooked just right. So. Food:10 out of 10. Service same. Eat here. You will love it. Price also good. Not cheap. But very reasonable.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Saying I would go back to a place is one of the best compliments I can give. It is a bit of a long windy road to get to the restaurant but that was fun - seeing the “real” Florida.

Once arrived - check out the live blue crab holding pen. It reminded me of the post apocalyptic world where we all turn cannibal - yikes!

I had been hankering for some legit local cuisine and this place did not disappoint. Gator bites, crab stuffed grouper (blackened) and a pile of onion straws.

I would have gone five star but the place was understaffed for spring break. I think we waited for almost an hour for our food. The place was hopping and our server did us a solid and didn’t charge my wife and I the $3 plate splitting charge for the grouper.

1  Thank Nick P
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Well worth the drive!! We had the almond crusted grouper. The service & food was out of this world!! non of us left hungry! Will definitely make this trip again!