“Perfect Long Weekend!”
other travellers have booked this property
Sunset from Backyard
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sunset from Backyard
Spacious Living Room
Beautiful Living Room
Hang out by the pool, out of the elements
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
Kitchen
Kitchen/Dining
Dining for plenty
Snorkel with Manatees
Plenty of parking
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

C. J. F
“Perfect Long Weekend!”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

If you want a place for the "family" this is it. The Manatee House was clean, comfortable, and near everything we wanted to do. After the first evening watching the sunset out on the pool deck we realized we had chosen well. If you have a larger group (6+) rest assured you will be comfortable. Rent it. You will not regret it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool area and the sunsets that came with it.
Liked least: Didn't find the thermostat until night 2. Froze some out the first night. LOL
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
NSLadyFL
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Fun Time for Our Extended Family!”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time staying at the Waterfront Manatee House! It was the first time our extended family had stayed in a Vacation Rental together. There were 9 of us, and there really are beds for 15 people!! The view when we walked in the front door extends through the living room, past the beautiful pool, out to the river, and only nature beyond!! Very happy colors throughout, and very comfortable furniture. The kitchen was very well stocked, including blender, coffee maker, dishwasher, and extra of everything. Everyone loved the extra-large kitchen table! The washer/dryer helped keep our boat/pool/beach towels ready for the next day of adventures. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view out the entire back of the house!
Liked least: The ceiling fans need to be replaced
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
683lynnt
Hawesville, Kentucky
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

This is a fair and honest review of Native Vacations rental house and our experience there. First the honest part. This is the first time I have rented a vacation house instead of a hotel. Couldn't find much in the way of reviews, but decided to book anyway. I booked on their website booking site, which I later realized is probably not a secure booking page. I received a online receipt and later an email receipt. There is a 45 day cancellation policy. We booked for 3 nights in June. A few days before our trip I checked the website calendar and it show our last day as "still available". After calling all their numbers a couple of times, and getting no answer or an answering machine, I emailed the owner to confirm our dates and also ask about keys and /or is someone would be there to meet us. I got a one sentence, 14 word email response.
We arrived 5:00 Sunday afternoon for our first night, expecting an empty house and a relaxing evening. But, when we arrived there was a truck backed up into the driveway. I rang the bell; nothing. I called the phone number; nothing. I entered the house and called out"hello?"; nothing. Proceeded through the house and heard voices. There were two guys working on the pool enclosure screens, and they said they would be there till sundown or when they were done. Tried several times to reach the owner. She only called me back after one of the screen guys called her. She seemed puzzled that I was slightly perturbed that there were people there, asking me "Is that a Problem?' Yes, that's a problem. The screen guys graciously left so we could have our $219 night house without "visitors". That night we each chose beds (many to chose from). Ten minutes after I got into bed I rolled onto my right side. That's when I heard and felt the "crunch". I jumped out of bed, slung back the blankets and discovered a very dead large bug! Exhausted, I chose another bed, thoroughly shook the blankets, and tried to sleep. The next day no problems, no "visitors". We went on the manatee trip. It was ok.
The second day the kid came out of the house carrying a lizard. He had caught it in the kitchen, the told me he had "disposed" of a huge roach in his bathroom before he had taken a shower ,(probably a family member of my bedmate on the first night).
Around noon he decided to spend a relaxing day in the pool, then go the the beach down the road later in the afternoon. Fifteen minutes after settling into the pool, some teenager walked into the pool enclosure with a skimming net and a "how ya' doing?", then proceeded to clean the pool with my kid in it! My son finally got out of the pool, almost as irritated as I was. The pool boy then brought 2 gallon jugs into the pool area. I asked if he was going to add chemicals to the pool, he said "yeah, I wouldn't use the pool till tonight or tomorrow morning if I were you." Really?! While he was there he got a phone call and said something like "yeah, one of the pool enclosure screens is still out". Was this call from the owner? I don't know, maybe. Sooo, our plans for spending the day in the pool of our vacation pool house went down the drain. We did get in the pool later in the evening. In hindsight, I'm glad we were there when they came, otherwise we wouldn't have known anything about the chemicals in the pool. We left the next morning.
We could not get the wifi to work on any of our devices (2 android phones and 2 android tablets). I did see only one spider, coming out of the pool enclosure rafters in the evenings. All the sliding doors are kind of difficult to open (need lube). There are instructions for taking out the trash, so we did. The trash toter outside was completely full, so we crammed it in as well as we could.
Now the fair part. Everyone has a few bugs in their house.(but for $219/night I don't expect them, and I don't expect to share my accommodations with maintenance people). Location is pretty good, pine tree in yard provided good shade, neighbors are quiet, washer and dryer are very handy, water pressure was very good, blankets, towels (not hotel quality but ok), pots, pans, dishes, some baby stuff, some fishing stuff (recommend you bring your own if possible; we never got a bite), lots of vcr movies, TWO bathrooms. In the river we saw a manatee, some dolphins, some rays and ospreys. There is no dock, we saw no picnic table. This is an older home, certainly not 5 stars, but not too bad.
If you visit this area be sure to visit the Fort Trail beach (bring beach shoes if you want to explore the jetty). Also, binoculars and polarized glasses are great for spotting stuff in the water wherever you go. I would not book this home again, but I would book another home in this area on the water if it has a different, more considerate owner. I gave it a 3 because I couldn't give it a 2 1/2.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Owner's disregard for customer
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Jul 2015
Obviously we are always concerned when people are not completely satisfied with our house. At the same time, we welcome all comments, good and bad, so we can address any failings.
Screen repair services are terribly busy here and we have to be able to schedule them whenever we can, which is often a week or two after a screen is in need of repair. It was unfortunate that they were still there that late in the day, but to have them there on a Sunday does explain how busy they are. We had to wait another 10 days for them to come back and finish. And, of course, the broken screen does allow for bugs and lizards to get into the house more easily. We spray twice a month, more if needed, but bugs will always find a way in. The fact that they found dead bugs is the best testament to our prevention protocol. Bugs in all houses are a reality in Florida.
i spoke to the pool service and they had decided, without informing me, that the agreement that we had to work around our guests was no longer possible. That service was terminated.
I checked the trash issue, as we are very conscientious about trash as it attracts bugs and animals, and the three empty cans that were supposed to have been there were missing. We have replaced them. I have no idea who would take trash cans.
Our number has voice mail, so I can only assume that the number was misdialed, and I have no idea why the Wi Fi was not working. This is the first that we have ever had such a concern. I called the provider and was told that all was right with the system.
I thank this person for the concerns listed herein, as well as accentuating the positives, and I hope that he/she would give us another chance,
Chris F
Newton, Iowa
“Perfectly relaxing”
Reviewed 14 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The house was very spacious and comfortable. We loved the fact that the pool was very large and deep. Our kids spent most of their time in the water. The neighborhood was quiet and the home was very private. Capt Traci took us on a wonderful experience to swim with Manatees and even showed us a baby that was only a day or two old. We would definitely recommend this home for a relaxing vacation!

Liked best: the pool
Liked least: a screen panel was missing in the pool area
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MaryKayOw...
Owosso
“Winter Getaway”
Reviewed 5 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We are two retired couples and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Manatee House. The location is great for bird watching, walking and fishing. The house was comfortable and arranged perfectly to allow privacy and interacting whatever you choose. It is nicely equipped with anything you may need to eat in. The wifi worked well. The washer and dryer were very convenient.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location on the river with wetland views across the river.
Liked least: The malfunction of the pool heater.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing