“Kind of wanted to go out and buy disinfectant wipes...”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Reviewed 28 November 2016

11/23/16 - 11/26/16. The Courtyard Marriotts have zero frills but these aren't inexpensive rooms. They appeal to us because we get more Marriott points when we book. I would rate their accommodations, in the U.S., overall as a 3 1/2 star hotel. There's no free anything except for wi-fi.

With that said, everything should be above average including the room. Yes, these rooms in Coral Springs have been updated and look nice but once I see something that makes me go "Icky", I can't help but scrutinize and look closer. I don't want to be this way. Really!

Yup, hate to say it and I really want to think housekeeping does NOT clean the entire room, including the bathroom with the SAME rag but I just don't know.
After a five hour car trip, when we arrived to the room, I headed for the bathroom. Between the hinges and the seat of the toilet, there was poop in there! Housekeeping should not have missed this! I don't care how busy they are.

My husband went to the desk to let them know. Housekeeping did not come until the next morning and I tried to explain this was here when we arrived but I'm sure my broken Spanish made her think one of us did it. It was cleaned off but once I'm subjected to something like that, I look at EVERYTHING like the faint stains on the bedspread, the spots on the wall, the little black hairs in the shower, or the yellow spot at he base of the toilet. Okay, I'll stop.

I am sure this Courtyard has a very hardworking staff but Geez Louise! I don't want to think about this stuff!
Did housekeeping just finish cleaning the toilet that my bottom was on and then proceed to clean our room? Was that rag she used from the room before us?
Hey! I will need to book this hotel again soon.

My complaint is about the detail on cleaning these rooms at this Courtyard in Coral Springs. My message to housekeeping and management is to please show some sign and reassurance that you thoroughly clean and sanitize the doorknobs, the toilet seat, the base of the toilet and bowl, faucet handles, t.v. remote, the bedspreads and the furniture. Make sure your showers are free of all foreign hair.
Certainly you must know, Coral Springs has a lot of persnickety people with extended family that will utilize these rooms. It's a great location.
I'm not that bad. I suppose I'm just getting pickier in my old age but I will tell you, when the rooms are properly cleaned, please note-your staff will avoid A LOT of aggravation.

Room Tip: 4th floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank rufus45
Rob L, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Dear rufus45,
Please accept my apology for the cleanliness of your room. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and we have fallen short during your last visit. Our housekeepers take a lot of pride in their duties and after the rooms are cleaned a member of the management team inspects the room to insure that the room is cleaned to Marriott standards and is ready for a new guest. I would appreciate if you could let me know when you were here and in which room so that I may address this with the specific individuals who are responsible. You may reach me at gm@courtyardcoralsprings.com or at 954-227-1300. I look forward to your return visit and I am confidante that you will be very pleased.

Best regards,
Rob Lewis

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Overall, we enjoyed staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Springs. We did miss having a microwave in the room and the fact that there was no free breakfast. Coffee was available after 6:30 if you went to the hotel restaurant and there was a little coffeemaker in the room. The hotel housekeeping staff was very accommodating - cleaning the room while I worked out at the fitness center. Very clean hotel and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel appears to have been refurbished recently. We stayed on the fourth floor in a comfortable room with twin King- sized beds , large Samsung flat TV, refrigerator, desk with pull out section and a swivel chair, and ensuite bathroom comprising large walk-in shower instead of the usual shower over a tub. Everything seemed clean and fresh, with a soft blue/grey colour scheme. There were car parks either side of the lobby entrance, with plenty of spaces. We also made use of the small laundry on the ground floor, with washer and drier at a dollar each. There was also a small gym with what appeared to be new equipment and weights, and a cafe serving breakfast and dinner at your own cost, with Starbucks coffee available. A good value stay in a popular south Florida region - sadly we were only here one night en route to the Florida Keys, but it made for a great stop- over!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel was recently refurbished and they have done a great job with the rooms. The hotel staff is friendly and there is standard Courtyard Bistro/bar that is great for quick breakfast or light dinner.

I have stayed at this hotel and the Heron Bay Marriott many times over the past two years for business. At this point I definitely would choose this hotel over the Heron Bay for business trip. The rooms are nicer.

Highlights:
Great new remodeled rooms.

This was actually the best shower I have ever had at a hotel. Strong and hot water in super clean and modern modual shower, which if you stay at hotel frequently you know is NOT a guarantee (even 5 Star hotels). Also great hair dryer which again can be challenging in hotel rooms

Staff is friendly and helpful.

Fitness center are not large, but very clean and the equipment is in good condition.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelMom0576
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We stayed overnight last Saturday and were not disappointed at our choice. Recently refurbished our room was spotless with a good bed and great shower. Staff were excellent and even provided an umbrella when there was heavy rain outside.
My only disappointment was the Starbucks which for breakfast was useless. Cereal were limited and we had to go elsewhere. This was far better than our recent stay at Marriott Miami airport.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
9.0 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Coconut Creek
12.5 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs? Share your experiences!