Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
USD 239*
USD 202*
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
USD 135*
USD 486*
USD 473*
Hotel St. Michel(Coral Gables)
USD 205*
Terrace Inn(Coral Gables)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
1,484 results
All reviewsmiracle milesisters restaurantnice hotelwithin walking distanceself parkingnice poolbusiness tripstreet parkingroom servicefront desk staffsouth beachclose to the airportwonderful staydowntown miamicoffee makerbeautiful propertyfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The rooms are sparsely furnished and poorly appointed ( I needed to move some furniture to be able to charge my phone) and musty. On the other hand the beds are comfortable. The bathrooms have really ugly tiles from the seventies but the shower is at least not hampered by water saving device so it has good pressure.
The hallways smell of stale food, apparently the ventilation is not well set up.
The worst is the food; the absolute worst I have ever had in any hotel in the Western Hemisphere! The steak would give shoe leather a run for its money, the snapper was dry, the sish kebab was cold, greasy and tasteless. The eggs were solid. For three days I lived on strawberries and Perrier. As somebody has mentioned " the olives were good".
The location does not make any sense, not on the beach, not on Brickell, not by the airport, it is in the middle of nothing. Their website claims it was inspired by the Alhambra. I have been about 10 times to the Alhambra,but failed to see the similarity. Maybe the parking lot of the Alhambra?

Room Tip: I you have to stay there, there are several restaurants within a few blocks, but avoid their food like the plague!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PalmBeach9
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

I am deeply saddened to hear that your stay at our property did not meet expectations. Please know that this is not what our guests should expect while staying at our property. I will be sure to forward your comments on to our management team so we can address the issues with the food and your room immediately. If you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt in the future.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Overall, a great experience. The staff was friendly and very helpful! The room was clean and cozy. The patio was a nice touch however it was a little messy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I am a platinum level Hyatt member but even with the supposed upgrades the rooms are old, dark and in disrepair. The service is extremely slow and if you need an extra towel or pillow you have to call over and over again before someone brings it. This is not a one time experience but the way it always is. This hotel needs major room renovations and the staff needs training in proper hotel service. I only stay here because it is a good location for business.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank x-well-traveled
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear x-well-traveled:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. We're sorry to learn your experience with us, did not meet your expectations. We regret that your experience was outside of our normal level of service. Our hotel underwent a complete room renovation in the fall of 2009.

We appreciate the feedback with regards to the service of the employees. We will make sure your feedback is given to the management members, so this can be improved upon. We hope this experience doesn't deter you from joining us at a Hyatt property again. We hope you'll give us a second chance to host you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Upon entering the room, you are greeted by a small, warm bottle of water that you can buy for $6.50. It's that kind of place. No free wifi either. Well the rooms look nice ... if you like brown. Pool is good. It's close to Miami airport ... fixed rate of $17 plus tip by taxi (Jan 2012). May be ok if you can get it half price or less on Priceline ... note Hyatt Regency Coral Gables is in same Priceline group as the 4* hotels in Coconut Grove.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

We appreciate you sharing the details of your stay with us. We're sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. While our wifi is not complimentary if you are a Platinum or Diamond member with Hyatt Gold Passport it is included with your benefits. Our hotel is just five miles away from the airport. We hope you don't let this experience deter you from staying at Hyatt in the future. We hope to hear from you again.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I held a surprise 75th birthday party for my father in December. We selected the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for various reasons: 1) central location for guests; 2) excellent reviews on TripAdvisor; and 3) in the period of time we have lived in Florida both my husband and I have been to this Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for conferences, drinks, etc. and always had a good experience.

PROS: I initially contacted the Hyatt catering office 5-4 months prior to date of event. During the entire period from initial contact, planning stage, event, and until post event the catering manager was professional. However, on a few occasions it took a few days before responding to phone calls and/or e-mails. I honored the contract and paid the full contracted amount ten (10) days prior to the event. On the day of the event everything went rather smooth. The staff was courteous, attentive and professional, which I expected at 21% gratuity (1% more than some area hotels). The hotel public areas are clean and relatively well maintained. The lobby was appropriately decorated for the holiday season and felt festive, especially in light of the beautiful winter wonderland theme wedding being held the same evening in another ballroom.

CONS:
Although this was a minor detail but during the event there were some light bulbs out in the event room. The food was good, but I never did get to sample the variety of appetizers ordered. We elected to include the cake in the catering package which we selected from Ana Paz. The cake filling was delicious, but the design was not impressive at all.

The day following the event unbeknownst to me I discovered two random and unwarranted holds on my credit card for $5,446.12 and $50.00. Immediately, I contacted the catering department and they provided a garden variety of explanations as well as profusely apologizing. Nevertheless, it took several phone calls and e-mails before it was finally resolved five (5) business days to later. Yet, my pre-payments were processed instantly!

In the course of all our business transactions and travels to countless properties throughout North America, Europe and Asia (many more properties than reviewed herein) we have never had an unwarranted, authorized or unexpected charge/hold on a credit card. In fact, we held our wedding reception at The Biltmore Hotel located in Coral Gables and did not have any unwarranted charges. I am disappointed in the Hyatt's accounting department inability to accurately process their catering department’s transactions. If this is a standard practice it should be noted in the contract. If this is not a standard practice then it should not have occurred. There is room for improvement between the catering and accounting department at the Hyatt. This incident was particularly offensive because I had diligently honored the contract. This does not make me optimistic to support the local economy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family