“Wonderful Italian food in beautiful courtyard setting”
Review of Fontana

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Granada
Description: One of the few remaining Miami locales offering traditional English afternoon tea, the Biltmore is arguably the most elegant venue, with its soaring vaulted ceiling, magnificent lobby and majestically mantled fireplace. The refreshing repast is served daily and is complemented with and elegant harp weekdays and music of an accomplished classical guitarist on the weekends. During the holiday season guests can expect themed pastries.Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Let me tell you the setting doesn't get much more romantic than this. The beautiful iconic Biltmore hotel in Coral Gables with its gorgeous Mediterranean architecture. The restaurant is located in the courtyard which is simply stunning. The service was impeccable as was the food, our only issue was that our eyes were bigger than our bellies! We ate antipasti of cured meats and cheese which were beautifully presented including such delights as wild boar salami and manchego cheese. We additionally shared beef carpaccio and amazing calamari. Everything was delicious. For main courses we had a very interesting sea food ravioli which was decadent along with a Seafood risotto which was also superb; seafood in every bite!

By this point we were stuffed but we still went back for desert which I'm so glad we did. A pear and almond tart served with vanilla ice cream was out of this world along with a hazelnut mouse parfait.

Prices are what you'd expect in a fine dining establishment but not outrageous but it's not cheap either. I'd thoroughly recommend this place for a special occasion which was why we came here in the first place.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We took advantage of the reasonable Miami Spice menu. We ordered the salad, lamb meatballs, the rib eye steak with delicious au poirve sauce, the vegetable lasagna with bechamel sauce. All delicious..We complimented the Chef as we both are picky.
He ended up coming to our table. He is from Fontana, Italy. Go and get a taste of Italy at La Fontana. It is a great experience. Oh, and I almost forgot, the bread is delicious as well.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Nice courtyard setting around a fountain in the upscale Biltmore hotel. The courtyard is open to the sky but is on the inside of the hotel, so there are no views. The staff is friendly, but not very sophisticated. The food is variable, from great to overcooked. Cocktails were terrific.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I have dined here several times. The food is typically good, but the wait staff seems young and unpolished. One should never describe the main dish proteins as "your meats are"..... Instead, one might tell their wait staff to say "The menu features the following proteins this evening..." Like I said, the food is "good", but the entire experience could be "better".

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stayed at the Biltmore for 2 nights. The first night we had such a fabulous dinner at their Palme d'Or that we decided to try Fontana on our last night. What a big mistake! The service was TERRIBLE. We had a plane to catch so we told our waiter that we had to leave no later than 8:30pm. We got there at about 6:50pm so he said it would not be a problem. By 7:45pm,we had not received our main course, so I reminded him of our time crunch. The main course was finally served at 8:05pm. At this point I realized that I never received my first course, the shrimp salad. So they served it with my main entrée. My husband and I ordered the Miami Spice, my daughter ordered the lobster ravioli and her boyfriend ordered a pasta dish. The shrimp salad was good, along with my gnoochi and the other 2 pasta dishes. Our grilled calamari appetizer was just ok. I would not recommend it. My husband ordered the pork and lamb dish. His lamb was not cooked - very rare. The waiter took it back and served him another. When he cut into it, it looked great. Until we realized the waiter had served him another pork, not the lamb. We pointed it out again and was finally served the lamb. It was now about 8:15pm. Because of the mix up with the meat, my husband did not have enough time to eat his entire meal. What he did eat, he said was good. Lucky for my daughter, I guess, since she got to take the remainder of the food to go. By 8:25pm, I had to walk into the main dining room to find our waiter to tell him we need to leave soon and our desserts had not been served. By 8:30pm, I had to walk into the main dining room again to find our waiter. I found him walking out with our dessert. At this point I told him to bag our desserts because we had a plane to catch and that I needed the check. I sent my husband, daughter and her boyfriend with the food to get the car while I waited for the check. I got out of that restaurant at about 8:37pm. Luckily we had an amazing Uber driver that got us to the airport in time for our flight with only 10 minutes to spare. We were cutting it that close.
I hate giving bad reviews, especially since our entire stay at the Biltmore was exceptional. But this dinner was not up to the Biltmore standards that I expect and I can only assume they, the Biltmore, would demand. Customers should not have to get up from their seats to find the waiter. And when the waiter knew we had to leave by 8:30pm, it is his job to make that happen. He failed miserably. Sorry, Biltmore, but that was one of the worst dining experiences ever!