“Love this little Coffeehouse!”
Review of Cafe Demetrio

Cafe Demetrio
Ranked #2 of 21 Dessert in Coral Gables
Price range: USD 9 - USD 15
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I've been in the trying coffee places business for quite some time now and was anxious to try out Cafe Demetrio. I soon realized our schedules weren't the most compatible and in order to try I'd have to go out of my way- so out of my way I went and arrived bright and early opening time on a weekday. I ordered the popular Cafe Demetrio along with a pastry. The Demetrio is a sweetened cappucino with a double shot of espresso- and I loved it. My love however intensified on my second visit after I tried Cafe Leo. It's a sweet latte with chocolate, caramel and your choice of hazelnut or vanilla syrup. Not only is this my new favorite coffee, it is also my new favorite design of the Cafe Demetrio coffee collection. The signature heart on all of their coffees make them Instagrammy and give you the feels. I can't help but feel like my coffee loves me when I see a heart staring back at me. I've since tried the latest cinnamon toast latte, but Leo is still my favorite.

In addition to coffees, frapps and even fresh juices- Cafe Demetrio has breakfast, lunch and an awesome brunch menu. I was recently recommended the french toast croissant served daily from the display. This isn't your average croissant. My first thought was that it tasted like a torreja- if you're Cuban, you'd know what that is- if you're not, you need to go to your cuban friend's abuelita and ask her to make it for you. This brought me memories of my summers with grandma and the nostalgia alone was enough to make me really, really enjoy it. I also recommend sharing it unless you're running the mile ten times- I walked it once.

Overall, a definite fave in the area that makes me feel at home.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

In the cool weather, enjoy the outdoor patio, otherwise the newly renovated inside restaurant is casual and comfortable. Food is very good especially caprese sandwich and greek salad. A great place for eat in or take out.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Improved facilities, extended menu options and a always nice service.
A cool place ! ........................................... No more to say

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Great coffee great food. Certainly one of the best cafés of Miami. It's outside seating is great and the whole atmosphere very tranquil.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

this little cafe is good .this coffee reminds me of the coffee in Italy, it is a bit like
decoration, if you're a lover of terra this coffee you remember her,
The coffee is good, the food at good price