“Experience killed by Event”
Review of Bocas House

Bocas House
Ranked #111 of 370 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: USD 12 - USD 18
Description: Bocas House is a Latin American Restaurant where you can taste de different flavors from the latino flavors that make Miami a multi cultural experience.
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

First of all i want to start with the best bartender i been serve by Isamary. I arrived at 5:30 pm surprise by the new happy hour menu which is until 11:00P.M. I order beer and appetizer waiting on my wife and friends. All was amazing little disappointed by the Fish and truffles with are smaller now but great food little overpriced but great. Our experience was cut-short due to a “Event” i was watching an NBA games they informed they will change the channel because the whole group is for a food network event. Gets what the change the channel after I been for 4 hors basically consuming we got kick out basically basically so their fancy event could watch food network, ill not be here again this is the second time that happens. If I will come back is only because of Isamary service is outstanding

Other than that overpriced with amazing advertising and having celebrities thats it

Bocas H, Owner at Bocas House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hello, Wgberto. You don’t know how sorry we are about what happened yesterday. We feel really sad and embarrased because what happened is not usual at our house. Regarding to the prices on our menu, we would like you to know that they correspond to the top quality ingredients and products we use to prepare every dish so everyone can have an amazing gastronomic experience. We would like you to know that we are evaluating everything that went wrong yesterday and we really hope you can come back so you can have a truly Bocas House Experience. Thank you for sharing your expericience with us!

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I had lunch at Bocas with two colleagues. I had the chicken bowl which was crispy as flavorful. My colleague had the ceviche, which was very small. Our waitress had some personal matters and started crying. The other waiteresses were helping her and we did not have service for a while. The waitress did not speak English well and could not explain the dish to my colleague. We ordered the signature ice cream desert, but we were disappointed to find out that the cup held only chocolate milk and not milkshake.

Bocas H, Propietario at Bocas House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hello, Cbls007. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We're very happy to know that you enjoyed your food. Regarding to the size of your Ceviche, we designed every portion of our dishes in order to satisfy our visitors, although we know is very hard to please everybody. About the situation you described about the service, we apologize and want you to know that isn't a usual situation here at our House and our Servers Team is constantly training to avoid that kid of situations to happen. Could you please tell us the exact date and time of your visit? Also, we need to know the name or at least the description of your waitress, in order to check out what happened. Finally, about the Milkshake you ordered, we're going to check that with our Kitchen Team, since that is not a common situation at our House. Cbl007, thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We hope to have you back at our House very soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

My wife heard about this restaurant in the social media and we decided to tried in our recent visit to Miami.
I got a “Vuelve a La Vida” seafood cocktail that was excellent, probably the best one I’ve tried. Secondly got a chicken chowder that brought good memories from my honeymoon.
Finally “Asado Negro” was the main dish, very tender and delicious; only comment in the asado negro was the plantain presentation: it looks really nice but I missed the “tajadas” presentation.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We stopped after this place was recommended to us by some friends and what a place it is. Came on a Sunday around 3pm and the place was full, that’s always a good sign. The staff was very friendly and helpful, service was very fast almost to fast. We started with the ceviche with was very fresh, great flavors and a nice portion for 2 to share. For our mains I had the arroz wok with steak, large portion, awesome flavors and very tender meat cooked to perfection. My wife had the shrimp saltaldo wok also large portion with a generous amount of shrimp. Wished that we had saved some room for deserts because they looked delicious as they passed by. Ample parking across the street and they valet as well

Bocas H, Propietario at Bocas House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hello, James. The experience you're describing makes us feel really happy. The fact that you and your wife truly enjoyed your time at our House makes us feel very proud, since we work hard to make our visitors experience a great time. We hope you come back to our House very soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My fist time at Bocas in Coral Gables.
Large place, central bar and tables.
Food is a mix of peru / Venezuela : just delicious ! We ordered ceviche mix (waoww), salad tuna quinoa , Punta grilled, Milanese : all good !
Desert is a must with the cake on smoothie but the look is great !
Service excellent.
Will be back !

Bocas H, Propietario at Bocas House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hello, Christopher!
You can’t imagine how happy we were to read your review. It pleased us to know that your first experience at Coral Gables was awesome! We loved the detailed way you talked about our food, our dessert and our service. It was great to feel how much you enjoyed it here through every word you wrote; and, we’re honored to receive such kind and inspiring words. They just make us work even harder each day to keep satisfying our visitors. Thank you for leaving your review here; and, we'd love to welcome you again to surprise you with even more of our flavors. Can’t wait to see you!