Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
USD 189
USD 154
TributePortfolio
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 177/night.

USD 164
USD 157
USD 113
Hotel St. Michel(Coral Gables)
USD 151
USD 114
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
USD 99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 113/night.

Aloft Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
USD 105
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 125/night.

Wishes Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
USD 112
USD 80
Travelocity
Hotel Ponce De Leon(Coral Gables)(Great Value!)
USD 96
USD 337
USD 267
BestDay.com
USD 339
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2016

Front desk staff was very friendly and efficient, club status was recognized. Room was at the end of a very very long hallway and as a female traveling alone that made me a bit uncomfortable. I would request a room closer to the elevator if I stayed again. Carpet was dingy and needs replacing. Adequate desk and small table in room. Fridge worked well. The outlet in one of the lamps was not functional but the other was. Good heat and water pressure in the shower but the shower curtain was too short for the tub due to installation of a curved shower bar too high up so I had to take my whole shower with the shower head pointed at the wall to minimize flooding of the bathroom. Sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable. The locking mechanism in the door was sticky so even when the door appeared to be closed all the way the latch did not catch. I didn't notice this until I was securing the door before bed and it was easily fixed (temporarily) by jiggling the latch mechanism, but I had been sitting in an unlocked room all night and anyone could have come in if they had tried. Unlike many holiday inns the breakfast was not complementary which was a disappointment. Wifi would log off anytime my computer went to sleep so I had to log back in every time.

Room Tip: hallways are very long request near the elevator if you don't want a long walk
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Dear Heather D,

Thank you for staying with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased that you found our staff efficient and beds clean and comfortable, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced with regards to carpets and wifi service. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed from the 11-13. Had a great experience all around. IHG status recognized by front desk staff, Juan at the bar provided excellent service while we watched the game. Not too pricey for a hotel bar. Room was cleaned while we were out next day. Only negatives would be no alcohol during the day, but plenty of local places. Photo is of the pool at night. Thanks for a great experience guys, will return

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Great location and secure area but, after staying a few times at this hotel, I can definitely say that every room I stayed at this location the AC unit blows a weird smell.im I'm not sure if it needs new or better air filter making the room overall with too much humidity.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Edgar C,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are glad to know you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. On the side note, we are sorry for the unusual smell you noticed with our air-conditioning system. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Stayed there 3 nights for business in January 2016. The hotel is old and rooms were outdated, only basic amenities available. Location isn't great either, you definitely need a car. Staff was really friendly but I would definitely think twice choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2016

Dear Mervi212,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay and choosing our hotel for you business needs. I appreciate the kind remarks regarding our hotel staff. Although, it is saddening that some aspects of our hotel did note live up to your expectations. I also apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our room accommodation, amenities and hotel location. I would have preferred you had a better stay.

Your comments are highly appreciated and will be considered towards our improvement. I do hope that we will get another opportunity to provide you with a more desirable stay.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

The room was comfortable but the hotel is of a much lower standard than uk Holiday Inns.
The lobby area was poor. I asked for a change from the first allocated room which was at the end of an extremely long corridor, because it smelt of urine. The second room was odour free and comfortable. I ordered a steak salad dinner which came as a massave bowl of salad and leathery slices of meat? on top. Breakfast was ok. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear WgC910,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Coral Gables University, FL. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about the room, breakfast and our staff.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the lobby. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.