All reviews breakfast spot mambo's restaurant corn hole dog park great pool beach side fridge and microwave sports bar tennis cornhole
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Reserved to be what the called the "Family Villa" got there at approximately 8:00 pm. was told to drive our car down a side alley and park and walk to the "Villa" we had my daughter her newborn and my son plus my husband and I with us. We got to the said "Villa" and I just couldn't believe the disgust of this place the couch looked like it had never been cleaned and was just gross! The TV had no reception the floors were filthy and the bathroom had poop on the toilet from a prior guest and the tub was so disgustingly dirty I wouldn't have given my dogs a bath in it! Floor looked as if they hadn't been swept or washed in years!!!!!! Could never sleep here...my husband went to the front desk told the person that the room was disgusting the front desk gave him a key to another "Villa" two doors down my husband and daughter went to check it out and as they opened the door a Baby roach ran in front of them my husband killed it and said that the room was worse then the one we were in. I contacted the person we reserved the room through and told them we could not and would not stay in such filth! They informed me that they would contact the front desk we ended up having to leave and drive 1/2 hour to Melbourne at 11:00 p.m. with a newborn to stay at another hotel they didn't release my money for two days!!! This place was disgusting and I would not recommend anyone staying here I filed a report with the Health Department down there they have been in contact with me and stated they have had several complaints about this place. I hope they shut it down!!!!!

Room tip: I would stay as far from this place as possible unless you like living in filth with bugs!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank cjk120
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We chose this place because I wanted something beach front and kid friendly. When I seen the pirate ship I decided to chose this place. Our room was ok, beds were uncomfortable, door had trouble shutting, water in shower never stayed the same temp (from hot to cold randomly). Our sink was used once the first day and we never could use it again because the water never drained. the pirate ship was out of comission which was the only reason i chose this place so needless to say i was very disappointed and so was my son.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We “were” excited to stay at the Palms the day before our Cruise set sail. The kids were looking forward to the pool and the pirate ship and having a nice and restful day. However, when we checked in the front desk informed us that the pirate ship was closed and had been for a week now and would not be ready for another week. Instead of informing their guests they assumed we would be ok with this. We decided the beach would suffice. The outside of the resort was nice and the beach and Mambos Bar was nice and the wait staff was excellent. However when we got to our room we found our tub was peeling paint and their seemed to be rust and mold everywhere. The door did not seal and there was a ton of light coming from around the door. This place is extremely dated and I would never recommend this resort to anyone.

1  Thank Justin K
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Booked via Hotwire as a 3 Star resort, In reality it’s a 2 Star, maybe a 2.5 - but that’s not the hotels fault.

All in all, this hotel has potential once it’s been fully renovated, and judging by all the wood sitting in the parking lot, it’s something they’re working on. Upon check-in I requested one of the renovated rooms, for the most part, the room was updated, beds were comfortable, mini fridge & microwave, desk & reading chair.

The bathroom needs more upkeep, the shower head isn’t centered in the shower so using it to wash your hair takes some extra effort. It’s also difficult to regulate the water temperature.

The room doors are rusty and difficult to close, but that’s to be expected with its proximity to the beach, this hotel has its own beach entrance.

Pool has a good size, very disappointed the kid pirate splash area was out of commission, my son was looking forward to using this area and was upset to find out he wouldn’t be able to.

My one major complaint about this place is that they don’t shut down the basketball court or volleyball court, it’s literally 11:30pm as I write this review and I can hear the group of kids outside of my room playing basketball. They also have a bounce house next to the basketball court that my son was unable to use because it was overruled by high school aged kids.

Overall this place has potential, they just need to invest money in the right places to make me want to return

1  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Very dirty. Shower wouldn’t drain. The door handle broke trying to shut the door. Just grosse. On the brighter side the tiki bar was excellent. The only problem was that it was very busy and service was very slow.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple