“Great Place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and were very hungry after a long day of travel. We asked the hotel clerk for a good local (not chain) seafood restaurant. He recommended Florida's Seafood Bar and Grill. He wasn't wrong with the recommendation. The service was fast, friendly and the food was great. We were served a small basket of fritters with our drinks. The entree was plentiful, nicely presented and hot! A very nice experience.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We went to try out the joint after seeing other reviews on tripadvisor-what great advice. This place rocks-best seafood we had while visiting. The cost is very adequate to the amount of food you get-well worth the money.We left so stuffed & full. The wait wasn't too bad-we went for a late supper but it was still very busy, we suggest making a reservation. The friters they give you to eat while waiting for your food was so good and the rock shrimp-WOW! We highly encourgage you to go eat at this awesome place.

BNFriendly

Reviewed 26 February 2012

There were 4 of us in our party. Our hostess seated us in a cramped small booth. Our waitress, Sandra suggested we move back 1 booth because the benches were a better fit for taller people. What a much better fit for us! That was just the start of the fantastic meal. The rock shrimp was so tender and sweet with a perfect amount of breaking for deep frying. Also highly recommended is the 12 tender flaky shrimp appetizer which was better than the lobster we had in Orlando. I have had hush puppies many other places and cities and never cared for them, but the ones here wereso wonderful! Specialty drinks were top notch and the last item our sweet waitress Sandra brought was lime sorbet and hand wipes. We will never eat anywhere else for fresh seafood other than this place while in this area!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was lucky enough to be on Florida's Space Coast for business during rock shrimp season, and had read that Florida's Seafood had wonderful rock shrimp. The reviews were right! I went in during an off time, and there was only one guy at the bar and one other couple in the restaurant. The greeter was also my server, and she treated me like family--real Old South hospitality! I told her I'd come for the rock shrimp, and she suggested the 3 dozen special, because then I could try them cooked 2 different ways. Never having had rock shrimp, I took her up on it. For those of you who don't know, rock shrimp taste like tiny lobsters, and I discovered that they're much better broiled than fried! The food was delicious and was more than enough to eat. Simple salad to start, and I couldn't even tell you the side, because the shrimp were so scrumptious! The iced tea was fantastic, too--I'm a real tea snob, and this was perfect. Strong, clear, cold, and tasting of nothing but good tea. I will definitely return here on my next visit to the Cocoa Beach area--I had eaten at a neighboring restaurant years ago, and I do wish Florida's Seafood had outside seating--what's the use of being on the causeway if you don't provide access to the water outside your door? The decor is just basic Florida fishing, so the indoor seating is nothing special. However, I think I'll eat here and drink at the outdoor establishments from now on--at least during rock shrimp season! I'll be happy to give Florida's Seafood a try for some of their other seafood some other time, too.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Wow! The presentation the flavor the amount the quality .... Amazing!! Best seafood we've ever had! Would definitely eat there again! Didn't know there were different types of shrimp. Have to try the rock shrimp! Can't wait to go back. Best advice is to go for an early supper. It gets super busy!! Enjoy!!:)