“Weak!”

Florida Surf Lessons
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Weak!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Uve got to b joking. Dont u have to lern how to surf first to give instructions? Give it up and leave it to the people that actually surf. Take your site down its awful. Stick to what you know. Stop being a cardboard cut out.

Lima, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Surf's Up”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

While on a business trip in Florida, I scheduled a surf lesson with Florida Surf Lessons. It was a bucket list type goal. I actually scheduled this about three months in advance. The staff was very professional. My surf teacher was about the same age as my children, which I guess makes sense. Despite his youth, he was very mature and easygoing. He even went back to the surf shop to pick up a rashguard for me, seeing that I wasn't wearing that type of protection. We practiced the pop-up a while on the beach and talked about the ocean--rip currents, protecting myself when I came off the board in the water, and so on. In fact, about half of our lesson was spent in discussing and studying the water, the waves, the current, etc. This was useful, as I am from Ohio and have no experience "reading" the ocean. He took me to a great surf location. There actually was surf--about two feet--and about a dozen real surfers out there riding the waves. He moved me a ways down the beach, away from the other surfers, which I was appreciative. It was fun to know I was surfing in the same waves as real surfers, but as a newbie, I was glad to be situated out of the way. I didn't need to worry about falling in someone else's way or being a nuisance to the other surfers, etc. My guide saw to it that I got on several waves, none of which I could actually ride, which I think was more a function of my being in my mid-fifties than anything else. I did actually get on waves and stand up, but I went head over heels pretty quickly. All in all, it was a great day of riding waves. One more thing, the equipment was perfect. He had me on a big gun, about an 11 foot or so foam board. The board was very stable and softer than the fiberglass, so in case I hit the board in a fall, it would be a cushioned blow. It was really the perfect beginner board. I am going back this October to try again at Cocoa Beach. Florida Surf Lessons has multiple locations in Florida. I surfed the Cocoa Beach location, which, like I say, had great waves and a nice point break for the real surfers and a nice beach break, further down away from the pier, for beginners like me. I would recommend this company for their professionalism, excellent equipment, and overall good vibe projected by my trainer.

Visited November 2010