In May'09, my family and I stayed at Windsor Palms in a home on FanPalm Way. Our first impressions after passing thru security(who were very nice and sharpley dressed) was that is a very nice neighborhood with impeccable groundskeeping that seems to go on all the time. The communal clubhouse and pool area was fantastic and super clean. Our house was nice. By the way, you don't get to pick the house that you will get, they hand them out as they become available and as they see fit.
Bear in mind that these are not brand new homes and that they see alot of use. On that point, I will state a few minor problems we had. Our private pool area deck was dirty,as was the patio furniture, I cleaned it with the severely kinked hose. The pool lighting wasn't all working. Our kitchen breakfast counter had no stools. The vertical blinds leading out to the pool had a few broken slats. Master bedroom headboard was broken and there was no clock radio. It did'nt appear that whoever is responsible for checking these homes was actually doing their job very well. That being said, I called the office and asked for a clock radio and they sent one right away. Also they sent a pool maintainance guy down quickly to fix the pool lights. None of these problems really put me off too much,cuz it was way nicer than our house lol... but these things should have been seen to prior to our arrival.
Restaurants and grocery stores are all very close. Theme parks weren't far. We felt very safe there. We all loved the geckos,(except for the one that surprised me in the garage,lol), you see them all over the place outside,they are harmless. Socializing at the clubhouse pool was nice. Overall, it was a very nice experience and my whole family loved it there.
One thing that bothered me alot was that nobody comes to the house to check it over before you leave, they do it after your gone and the security deposit stays in their hands until it's done and you won't see your money refunded for at least a week or two. Although I got all my money back, I had an uneasy feeling after we left wondering if I might get blamed for something and wrongly charged for it,especially when the charges for a broken plate or glass is kinda high. Just beware and bring any problems to their attention asap as we did to protect yourselves. You also pay extra for pool heat and you only get one key,so keep it safe.
It's also true that you must,in order to register, must drive on Hwy192 almost to the #27 Hwy(look for the small helicopter in their parking lot on the south side of 192)a good ten minutes past Formosa Gardens Blvd,which is the connector road into the neighborhood. May seem a bit of a pain if you get in late.
Don't bring alot of clothes because the washer/dryer (buy detergent)will keep you in clean clothes. We did a load every night. When you get right down to it, you will almost never be in the same place twice,or see the same people,so you can get by with just a couple of outfits.There were plenty of towels in the house.Diswasher(buy soap) was nice.
We usually only ate out about once per day. For breakfasts, we bought frozen breakfasts,which were actually quite good and theygot us out fast.The house and neighborhood are very relaxing if you don't want to go anywhere.
Just go for it and have fun like we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IPG Florida Vacation Homes manages over 400 short term vacation rentals within the central Florida/Disney Area (15 minutes driving to Disney World). Our properties range from 2 bedroom condos in Bella Piazza to 8 bedroom villas with a private pool in Windsor at Westside. Here at IPG we have a vacation rental to suit every families needs! IPG now also manages around 130 units in Fort Myers Beach Area. These properties range from small 2 bedroom condos on the beach front to 5 bedroom with private beach access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your IPG Florida Vacation Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipg Florida Vacation Homes Hotel Clermont
- IPG Florida Vacation Homes Clermont