Check in was a hassle. Was directed to three different places before the on-duty manager checked me in. Was hardly out the office door before I was bugged about a timeshare presentation.
Condos were very clean, and fairly updated. Furniture didn't seem worn out. All the beds were full-sized mattresses-not even a queen size anywhere, let alone a king size mattress. Didn't like that. No linen service unless you pay extra, and basic supplies like toilet paper were minimal with instructions that we as the guests had to buy extra supplies like that if needed.
Quiet. Was treated rudely by the teenager running the lake water park, snapping orders for me to get out of there without a life jacket- "Which you have to pay for here!"
Main pool was too warm most of the time, and the kiddie water park area was extremely cold.
Grills were nice.
Felt like the resort nickel and dimed us. In the age of free internet in airports, coffee shops, and mostly everywhere-they try to charge $10 per day! Funny thing was, I was almost willing to pay for it but the signal was so poor I couldn't log on if I wanted to. AT&T voice and data reception also poor reception-almost non-existent. My mom's Sprint phone worked fine, though. Charges to use fishing poles, charges to play mini golf on site, charges for bicycles, and lifejacket (I believe they wanted $10 per day to use a life jacket!-We bought new ones for our boys at Walmart for $15, and took them home!)
Parking was plentiful, close by, and shaded at times. No elevators for second story units. Security felt good, and the office staff were helpful. Received 6-9 hang ups on the in-room voice mail. Knowing our family and friends would call our cell phones, we suspect these were marketing attempts.
Not planning on returning to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you seek relaxation, exploration, or inspiration, Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts has something for the whole family. Experience a luxury family destination that delivers the thrill of Orlando's world-renown attractions with the comforts of a leisure getaway. Enjoy all the highlights of our 400-acre lavishly landscaped resort and 64-acre private lake, located a mere 10 minutes from Walt Disney World Resort. Summer Bay Orlando is the perfect Florida getaway for family, fun, and freedom.Luxury accommodations: Why settle for a cramped room when you can settle into a spacious sanctuary? From roomy hotel accommodations to two or three bedroom fully furnished condominiums, we've got you covered with home-style comfort. Enjoy a homemade dinner with the family. Step out on your balcony to watch a glorious Florida sunset. Or take the night off and watch a movie on your flat screen TV. Stress-free park hopping: hop on our complimentary shuttle to Epcot(R), Magic Kingdom(R) Park or Universal Studios Florida(R).Fun in the sun: Whether your goal is a relaxing escape or a spectacular adventure, Summer Bay Orlando can fulfill your desire with a host of activities, amenities, and dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Bay Hotel Clermont
- Summer Bay Resort Orlando
- Summer Bay Resorts
- Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts Clermont, Florida