All reviews guest pantry sand bar rolls royce clearwater beach beautiful hotel bottled water public beach resort fee pool staff rocking chairs fresh fruit sister hotel turn down service full length mirror gulf of mexico hot tub pool deck
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The facilities, staff, and room wear great. The location is within walking distance to everything Clearwater Beach has to offer. Everything in the Opal Sands control is top notch. The draw back is the north side of the property abuts a public parking lot that is open 24 hours. We arrived on a Saturday night and on the very first night were woken up at 3:00am by yelling, screaming, and load profanity. We were also exposed to public urination on a couple of occasions We were in room 406. I recommend that you ask for a room number higher than 15 so that face the south end of the pool area and the outlet/inlet to interwater coastal way.

Room tip: There are 28-30 rooms on a floor. Low numbers to the north, high numbers to the south. You want south end.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank robertt569
OpalSandsManagement, General Manager at Opal Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear robertt569,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the north side of the building and your nice description of the proximity to the rest of Clearwater Beach. We are additionally happy to hear that the facilities, staff and amenities were such a hit. We hope to see you again soon on Clearwater Beach!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Next to a public beach. If you are accustomed to true luxury resorts, RUN AWAY. This hotel is next to a public beach and parking lot with homeless people. Great for kids to see. Cue the cars with rap music and black lights too.

Trip type: Travelled with family
14  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This was my second visit to Opal Sands this time with husband and 3 18 year olds! Yup.. spent some time at the bar which was FABULOUS!! The bartenders all had great skills mixing some fabulous martinis even special ones I asked for! Pool staff managed a chaotic spring break like champs!
Had dinner again at Seaguini, great service food and drinks.
We had King room 12th floor middle of the hotel, it was spotless, great amenities and housecleaning.
The spa was great, had a nice massage and reflexology..
The highlight of my trip was a young GORGEOUS hostess at Seaguni. She is the reason for the second write up. I think sometimes we don't give enough credit as travelers to those that go the extra mile just to be nice and make us feel welcomed on our vacation. Lisani worked that hostess stand from morning until night and then we would see her bright and early again! I don't know how she stands ALL day ! Personally. I think management should get her a high stool so she doesn't end up with back issues and they lose her! She did not just greet people for the restaurant but went out of her way to say hello to any guest that would walk by and have a chat with them. I don't know how she is not exhausted with the long hours she clearly works but ALWAYS a smile!
Beautiful inside and out and hopefully she will work her way up in the hotel as the world needs more people that really engage! Thanks Lisani hope your birthday was fantastic!
5 star experience again and we will be back! Thanks OPAL!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DMPMass
OpalSandsManagement, General Manager at Opal Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear DMPMass,

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the resort! Thank you for your nice comments about Lisani, she is a great member of our team and we will be sure to pass along your comments to her. We are so proud of our employees and all the hard work they do. We hope that you do come back again very soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located on the beach. Just walk down to the lobby and you can walk right onto the beach. There is a hot tub, outside pool, workout room and several bars/restaurants onsite. The breakfast buffet is well stocked with eggs, meats, fruits, pancakes or waffles....everything you could want. Very convenient. The rooms have views of the Gulf of Mexico and you can watch the sun set off the water. My room was comfortable, with easy access to the elevator, but the elevator never disturbed me. The concierge was very knowledgeable and helpful. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. Even allowing me to leave my bags until my room bevame available and after I checked out. Great stay!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank emachall

Dear emachall,

Good evening! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Opal Sands! We are glad you enjoyed the location, the views, and the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My husband and I had a lovely stay here. The rooms all have great views because of the hotel's location on the corner, and our room in particular had fantastic sunset views. I thought the decor was beautiful and the room quite spacious. I also liked that they offered complimentary bottled water in the room and at the pantries on the floors. The pool and bar areas were very nice as well, and the beach was directly accessible from them; this is unique because most of the other nice hotels there are actually across the street from the beachwalk and beach. The service at the front desk was excellent and very welcoming. We ate at the main restaurant one night (Sea Guini), which was exceptional as well, and on the other nights, we walked up the beachwalk to other great restaurants in town. Overall, we really enjoyed our trip, and I would love to return.

The only area I noted for improvement was the spa. I got an express gel manicure, and it was very low quality for the price. I would not recommend going there for nail services, although the spa itself with the relaxation room is quite beautiful.

Room tip: Ask for the rooms with sunset views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank travlnewb

Dear travlnewb,

Good evening and thank your for your review! We are glad you and your husband had a great stay. We will be sure to pass your nice comments along to our team. We hope to see you again!