All reviews honor system washers and dryers free laundry full size fridge laundry area frozen meals room looked major intersection smelled fresh a pet friendly hotel ice maker gulf beaches didn t work check in was quick spacious room sleeper sofa top floor
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Have relatives in the Tampa area. But wanted to be able to come and go without disturbing anyone. Looked for a reasonably inexpensive place, but with a chain that I was comfortable with. At $70 I found this place, which was about $30 cheaper than similar hotels near TPA Airport.

Was a little bit hesitant, because of the 'review' spread from good to bad.

However, I think it is the location (which is not near any tourist type places or close to the beach) that has their price point lower than similar hotels in the popular TPA airport corridor.

This place is definitely located in a regular business/slash retail area. I noticed when I arrived a lot of work trucks, indicating the clientele that frequent this place are more 'contractors and temp workers', etc. I have absolutely no problem with that.

The parking lot was large enough, near a major intersection. The front desk personnel was helpful. I thoroughly checked out my bed, because a reviewer showed a photograph of a bug. But with intense spotlight review, I saw nothing that made me queasy or uncomfortable about my room.

I had kitchen facilities that I didn't use and the place was well appointed.

Simply said, if you want a reasonably priced place to spend the night that is not too far from the tourist spots. This place will do.

I headed for Clearwater Beach in the morning and was there in less than 25 minutes and it only takes about 30 minutes to cross the causeway to Tampa. Get there by 9am, before the best parking spaces are gone.

The only thing, is that is a 'pet friendly' hotel. As a non pet owner, I'm not comfortable knowing some big dog may have slept in the bed I am sleeping in. But it is what it is. One dog got on the elevator that was bigger than me. I waited for the next elevator.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lifetraveler1
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hi Lifetraveler1,

Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites Clearwater for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

I'm sorry the location of our hotel fell below your expectations. I also understand that you had concerns about the hotel being pet-friendly. Your pointers will help us identify specific areas to improve in order to provide the best customer service experience for all our guests deserve. Know that providing every guest's needs is our top priority and we are always trying our best to give you a great impression. I have already brought up your comments to the hotel's attention and necessary actions will be taken to avoid the same inconvenience in the future. I am confident that the management will use your feedback as a reference for further review.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to hear back from you soon and be of further assistance, Lifetraveler1!

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Stayed over during a one night business trip. Hospitable staff, plenty of parking. No free breakfast but there was a great self-serve snack area that was based on the honor system. It was a real time saver not having to wait to pay someone. The room was fantastic…spacious, clean with a full kitchen. There were few negatives. Location…Didn’t seem like there was a lot of retail or dining in the immediate area (not in walking distance anyway). Also, my colleague (who stayed in a different room) and I both noticed that it seemed difficult to rinse soap off. They must have a water softener.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank rb913
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Wonder what I would do if I lived here? Its about 30 mins to shore! But the drive to the beaches is breathtaking! I’m hoping to return. Pet friendly & Convenient as they have a nice patio and dog park. It’s also good that it comes With free laundry and a mini kitchen in room! The room had all amenities like being at home while traveling! Comfortable sleeping room with enough space not to feel too close to each other. Bathroom tub didn’t stop for bath but everything else worked. I found it on bookings.com.
I’d consider coming back every year for the value.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TD S
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed after arriving in Clearwater later in the evening. Solomon greeted us and was very friendly, efficient & helpful. He pointed us to some close options for shopping and even printed us directions.
We we're surprised by our room, it was beautiful!! The bed was comfy and the room very clean. A small surprise was a bag of microwave popcorn which was just enough of a snack so we didn't need to go back out!
All in all our stay was a short one but I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ssreca
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Checked into this hotel after being displaced by the Holiday Inn Express because of bugs. Of course because of my previous experience I inspected the bed. Won't you know, bugs crawling on the bed. Front desk clerk ran upstairs and said I don't see anything and refunded my stay. Guess the video I have shows something different. Had to check into another hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Fearless196399
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very sorry for the unexpected experience you had with the cleanliness of our hotel during your stay. Please be assured that this issue will be investigated accordingly. I wish to get more details, however, I am unable to send you a private message. Should you wish to discuss your concerns further, please do not hesitate to call our hotel and look for Duty Manager.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M