All reviewshonor systemwashers and dryersfree laundryfull size fridgemajor intersectionsmelled freshstove topworkout roompots and panscoffee makerwill stay there againcheck in was quickconvenience storebed was very comfortablethe entire hotelfront desk personnelone night stay
Reviewed 14 January 2018

The hotel was not as nice as the pictures would indicate. I also expected a sleeper sofa, which was not there. My son had to sleep in a reclining chair. Cleanliness was average. Smell was rough. Customer service was good though. They were very helpful and as accommodating as possible. Price was right.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 277alissad
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

277alissad,
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than expected. Our hotel has two primary room types. As an all suites extended stay style of hotel we offer a studio efficiency and a 1 bedroom apartment style quarters. We will use your feedback as a tool to better train out various team members to improve the experience you receive while staying with us. Should your travels bring you back to our area we would hope to be able to show you that your stay was the exception and not the rule.
Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Room stank of some sort of musty smell
Can hear other people walking overhead
Can hear other people talking in other rooms
There's a reason this place costs half the price of Marriott properties across the streets

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank baconman82
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

baconman82,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We totally understand how noise can be a factor in our guests quality of sleep. Should your travels bring you back to the area we would invite you to come back and see that your stay was the exception and not the rule for our guests.
All the best,

Reviewed 10 January 2018

The room had an extremely musty/moldy smell that seemed strong regardless if the AC was running or not. There were washers and dryers for free use, but unfortunately the washer that I chose had a faulty spin cycle which meant that I wasn't sure that the soap had been rinsed off, and the clothes were certainly still very wet at the end of the run. The staff was friendly, switching out my towels when I brought them to the desk. The area wasn't great or terrible. There are shops nearby but it certainly wasn't convenient for visiting the beach.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelLouisville

travelLouisville,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We are truly saddened to hear that your stay was less than spectacular. We have since replaced the machine in question, thank you for bringing it to our attention. I would hope to discuss your concerns further, please reach out to me at karl.cieslak1@ihg.com. Should your travels bring you back to our area it is our hope to show you that your stay was the exception and not the norm.
Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We were without power because of hurricane Irma. We were very lucky to get a room that would take our pet. The room was awesome! Kitchenette, sitting area and separate bedroom and big bathroom.
What We hoped was going to be a one night stay turned into a week. We were so grateful for the comfortable accommodation.
Great location, staff was superb. Very friendly and accommodating.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonia H
Karl C, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Greetings Sonia H,
I am so glad to hear we were able to be your shelter during the Hurricane. Our one bedroom suites are truly something to be sure much like a small apartment. Our staff strives to provide a top notch experience and from your feedback they made your stay a memorable one even during such a difficult time. Should your travel needs ever arise again in the area it would be a pleasure to host you or your visitors.
All the best,

Reviewed 6 August 2017

PROS
+ Very comfy bed
+ HD tv
+ Great bathroom
+ Great kitchenette
+ Spacey
+ GOOD AIR CONDITIONING
+ Felt home-like
+ Pool was amazing, had fun

CONS
- Housekeeping only came a few times

HOW LONG DID I STAY?
9 nights

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL?
Yes, sure

Room Tip: For techy people, great internet speeds!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family