Candlewood Suites Clearwater
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Clearwater)
View Hotel
All reviewshonor systemfree laundrywashers and dryersroom lookedstove topworkout roompots and pansfull kitchencoffee makerwill stay there againfavorite hotelclose to the airportconvenience storethe entire hotelsleeper sofaone night stayfront desk person
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I will never stay at a Candlewood suites again! The staff were the most unwelcoming unfriendly and unaccomodating staff I have ever met. The manager needs to be fired. I caught her talking badly about my family. I am pretty sure all the staff failed their customer service class. The hotel is a dump. It hasn't been updated since the early 80s. I highly recommend staying on a park bench over this mess.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear techgirl5,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Candlewood Suites Clearwater. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

The Exterior is like other Candlewood Suites, however, the interior is another story. The owners need to update the facilities including carpeting and televisions. Could be cleaner.

While okay for a night or two I would recommend looking for another location to stay for an extended stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear RicBertsch,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for only one night, for an early morning flight out of St. Pete Airport, which is 2 miles away. We had one queen bed, which sleep well. I loved the little kitchen, stove, sink, microwave, big fridge, with all dishes. i wish I had stayed longer to use it! Also, they had two nice gas grills by the pool for you to use. This hotel also had FREE laundry, with a lot of machines, a nice exercise area. They also have microwave dinners, candy, drinks for you to purchase, and at good prices too. Free DVD movies to check out also. We went to the pool, which they provide you towels. I will be going back to this hotel, every time, I need a hotel in St. Pete.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Arrived at hotel and waited in the lobby for 45 minutes before someone showed up to check us in. Desk Clerk was not friendly. Got to our room, which I reserved weeks before, and it was a Studio suite and not the Suite with a separate bedroom . I went down to the front desk and explained that I had paid for a 1 bedroom suite and not the studio. The desk clerk could hardly looked up from what she was doing and said that I got what I paid for. I tried to explain that when I made the reservation I specifically spoke to the reseervation clerk regarding what I wanted for a room and he confirmed that there would be a separate bedroom and I paid more for it. She said no.....you got what you paid for! She was rude and did not seem to care. While at this hotel, I spoke to another guest and the same thing happened to her. I have stayed at Candlewood Suites in other areas several times before, and have never had this problem. Horrible customer service!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Mlyn12953
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Mlyn12953,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

Thanks,
Brenda J.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for one night but had a pleasant surprise when we found we'd got a full kitchen in the room,cooker, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, dishes etc Good job really as it's not very near to any restaurants or anything, but an excellent overnight stay if you're travelling. We paid $60 for one night

Room Tip: Make sure you bring a take out or your own food when you stay here as there is absolutely nothing in the area
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business