New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater
Ranked #31 of 94 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersBronze level
alabama
“Holiday Inn Clearwater / St. Pete Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stay at this Hotel frequently ( most every week ). It is a place that I feel comfortable at and the Staff always makes me feel welcome and appreciated. This is not the newest or nicest Hotel in the area, but, it has that special something that makes me feel welcome every time I come in. I have a choice of where I stay when I travel and I choose to stay here. It is extremely easy to access TPA or St. Pete Airports and that is one of the main reasons I stay here beside the friendly staff who serve you at this Hotel!

Room Tip: Priority Club Members should request 5th floor for the reception the Hotel has weekdays for them - f...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shawn S, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg North / Clearwater, responded to this review, 31 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We will share these comments with our staff. We look forward to a return visit.

Please feel fee to contact me with any further comments or questions you may have.

We wish you the best in the new year.

Shawn Stan, CHA
gm@theclearwaterhotel.com
727.577.9100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Deltona, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

It's been a long time since I've felt the need to write directly to a hotel and commend them for excellant service but that's just what I did after staying at this hotel durning the summer. Everyone and I mean everyone we came in contact with had a smile and was super helpful. From the moment I checked in we were treated like one of the family and there was nothing they wouldn't do to make our stay great. I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to this area!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We wish you the best in the new year.

Shawn Stan, CHA
gm@theclearwaterhotel.com
727.577.9100
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Clearwater Florida for vacation
The stay was horrible to say the least. There were very loud airplane noise and vibrations constantly through out my entire stay.
There was also elevator nose that was also constant. My room was located directly to the side of the elevator. And all through the night you could hear it going up and down. From what i know you can hear it through the entire building.
The pool and hot tub both were dirty having dead lizards and bugs floating in them every night. I never got to use those facility i paid for. Hotel reception were rude and very unhelpful. Our room was suppose to include mini fridge and microwave and there were none.
When i called down to ask for them i was told they would send them up. It took over an hour and they only delivered a mini fridge.
When i went back down to ask were the microwave was (granted our phone didn't work in the hotel room) they didn't apologize or anything and just brushed it off like it was nothing.
Finally after a half hour the microwave came. Both the microwave and mini fridge were beat up so badly they were dented and had marks all over it. It looked as if they pulled them from the basement after many years. Both were dated and barley functioned. They were so dirty so i spent the next half hour having to clean them. I booked this hotel through priceline which was the first and last time i go through this business. They never disclosed the location or name of the hotel they were setting me up with. If i had known it was near an airport i would have never stayed. But there was nothing i could do they billed my credit card instantly. I talked to Priceline and asked them to rebook me at another hotel after my first night but they never got back to me. I have contacted there administration regarding this issue and is still on going. I had to spend 5 nights at this hotel whether i liked it or not. I rarely spent anytime at the hotel. I was visiting family i haven't seen in years and having this hotel being my home for the moment affected my interatcion along with my comfort and ruined my trip. I am so upset with holiday inn that i am trying to figure out a way to actually speak to the owners and operators of this place. I expect to be refunded in full per each and every issue. I was held hostage at this hotel and now all I'm getting is tough luck we don't care from Holiday Inn. If this hotel was what i expected which was $65 a night and a 4 star hotel i would have been very pleased. But this is $65 a night for a half star hotel.
Earlier today i spoke to two representatives Troy and Jared. Both gave me the run around, acted in manner of i don't care, which has consistently been the attitude at holiday inn. I wonder if they train their employees this way? After telling my horror story to both of them first Troy offered a one night refund of just $50. I stated the nights stay is $65. He then proceed to say oh then ill refund you $65. He tried to low ball me for $50. I stated that was never ever going to be good enough after what i have experienced. He said that is all he can do and said "i could send a email to management and say i would like a $500 refund but that would be turned down". I said okay please send the resolution for $455 my 5 night stay. He then said oh that i cannot do i was just making a general statement. What? This is what exactly Ive been getting from the start from holiday Inn. I then spoke to Jared the manager and he said all he can do is one night for $65. This will not reconcile the situation. Not even close. I spent almost $500 for a hotel that was just awful, unclean, unsafe and horrible.
They also told me why didn't i contact them while i was at the hotel. I simple stated that my business and payment is with priceline and not holiday inn. If i had paid holiday inn i would have immediately contacted them. I did contact priceline as a mater of fact. What exactly will Holiday Inn do stop the airplanes from flying? Stop the elevator from working? Fire there rude employees? No. How could i talk to holiday inn when in the first place they never did anything for a convenient stay? They would have done nothing but be even more rude and unhelpful.
I'm looking in to contacting the hotel and lodging administration. That makes sure hotels abide by guidelines and not try to steal from their customers. I was under the impression this was a quality hotel and it is far from it.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the second floor
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anonymous B
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for the Largo Halloween Soccer Tournament. We were very impressed with this hotel!! They had a separate breakfast area for all the sports teams that were staying in the hotel. The breakfast was included at no extra cost (not to mention that we got a GREAT rate on the room!). It was one of best breakfast buffets that we have ever had in all our stays at different hotels. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. On Saturday evening, we were able to bring in our food from Olive Garden and use the atrium area. We had about 30 people in our party. They even cleared the area with the television so we could watch the Florida game with our boys. All of our parents thanked me for finding such a great hotel for us.

Manager Bob Sauerwine is great and very friendly. He actually taught me a little more about soccer!! Thanks, Bob!!!!

Yes, we heard the planes, but only after 7:30 in the morning, and by then, we were well on our way to the soccer fields. I would highly recommend this hotel for a sports function. We will stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Milton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Just an ok stay. Room was very clean, had been renovated. Overall hotel old and smelled musty. Service was ok. Won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business