All reviews clearwater beach small kitchenette partial gulf view pool and hot tub private beach saw dolphins coffee pot across the street an older hotel ihop toaster
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced, but not much of a beach as hotel is on the inner-coastal canal as it joins the gulf. The beach is better than other places nearby. We came for a wedding as d coded to make a 4 day weekend. The price is half of what we would have paid at the Wedding venue hotel. Our room has a kitchenette with plenty of dishes. Not fancy, but the rooms are comfy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yellowdog60
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I booked two rooms in this hotel through a third party booking site in August for a Anniversary celebration, had I have known what I was letting myself in for I would not have bothered.

Upon arriving at the "hotel" (and I use this term loosely), we were greeted by a less than pleasant man behind the counter. The first thing we noticed in the hotel was the smell, it smelt of damp and mustiness, not nice at all.
We told him we were there for a Wedding anniversary but he took no notice and basically handed over the room keys with barely an acknowledgment.

The lift was disgusting, it was full of sand and smelled really bad, this was only a sign of things to come. Both rooms smelled really bad, of damp and general unpleasant odour.
Although the rooms looked clean and the beds and towels looked clean, it felt dirty with the nasty odour that lingered in the room. We had a room with a view to the parking garage of the building next door, a concrete wall - so much for an anniversary upgrade!!!

The pool area was nice enough with a decent size pool and hot tub, it too was not the cleanest I have seen. It was meant to close at 10pm but people were still swimming in the pool and in the hot tub at 1am in the morning with no one overseeing any of this.

The bathroom was clean enough with plenty of towels and toiletries supplied but the carpet throughout the room felt very dirty that I did not want to walk on it in my bare feet.

I could not wait to leave this hotel after our one night stay, when we were coming down in the lift I noticed that the fire regulation notice was still in the name of what he hotel was previously known as - The EconoLodge.

I will not return to this hotel again, I am sure there are plenty of nicer places to stay in the Clearwater area for the same budget.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharsmyth
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I found this hotel to be very well kept. Room was spacious and clean w/early maid service each day. Nice beach and pool area and convenient to everything. Would definitely stay again. Priced right and a great value.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rickg186
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed it. It was very spacious room, unfortunately our view was of the building behind that was 20 ft away. We were ok with it because we just needed a place to sleep. The bed was soft and clean, the bathroom was clean but needed some upgrades. The room over all was a little run down, but we did not complain. Perks are a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, with basic utensils for four people. Only downside is some of the spill over of people going to the beach cove from the hotels along side this one. If you are wanting something cleaner, there are rooms three times the price around the corner, but for us it was just what we needed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tymetrvlr
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The staff was fabulous! So sweet, smiles all the time. Joyce at the front desk was so helpful and friendly. I loved the room view of the ocean. Everything was clean nothing too fancy, but nice not in the room much so I didn't need a fancy room. Great location near everything restaurants, shopping, beach. loved the private beach. So quiet and peaceful that's exactly what I was looking for. We saw dolphins swim by!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple