5,156 results
All reviewsboucher brothersclearwater beachpartial gulf viewan umbrellawhite sandhotel restaurantspring breaknicobalconytikicabanavaletsunsetconferencecvsdolphins
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Spent 5 days in early April, excellent service, pool was great, many beach activities ,
great and fast room service, front desk staff were very friendly, photo shoot on the Beach was great, best location in Clearwater Beach.

1  Thank Mike M
Ann F, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Mike thank you! Why we love to do what we do. We could not be happier to hear you had a 5 star stay. And your kind words are music to our ears. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We had a fabulous family getaway at the Hilton Clearwater Resort. Although there was some construction going on outside the parking area, it did not affect us in any way and was not really very noisy. The resort itself was clean and the beach area of the property was the biggest we saw as we walked along up and down the beach. The staff in all areas of the hotel were helpful and friendly and we felt right at home. The hotel was well staffed. We never had to wait for drinks, food, a table for breakfast, etc and if we had a request, it was taken care of right away. The pool area was big enough that we never felt crowded and didn't have trouble getting chairs/tables. Our rooms were nice and had balconies with a nice view of the beach and pier 60. My family had a wonderful time and we would definitely come back to this resort.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank tempobon
Ann F, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

"Perfect" is such a wonderful word. Thank you! We are thrilled you and your family had a 5 star experience. Such a pleasure having you all as our guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Basically the reviews your read here are all true. I tried to keep an open mind and was off to a great start when I called the morning of our arrival to see if we could get into our room early as we stayed close by the night before. They said they'd see what they could do when we arrived. Slightly before noon as we were approaching the hotel I got a message in my Hilton app stating they had changed my room selection that I had made on the app the day before but the room was ready for us and they activated the digital key! Upon arrival we told them we were using an AARP rate and that we would be checking out in 2 days at 2 p.m. The manager seemed to note it in the system and agreed. He was very pleasant and made sure we had all we needed at check-in like an extra key, towel cards, etc.

Our 2 bedded room was narrow but fine for just my daughter and I. We had paid for an gotten a Harbor View Room on the 6th floor. Since I read about the noise complaints we both brought ear plugs we which we needed both nights as the street noise, music, etc. was noticeable enough. It was nice to have the balcony and was glad we didn't pay extra to view a/c units like the side Gulf views had.

We flew into Tampa and Uber'ed to/from the hotel. We never needed a vehicle there as we were able to walk to dinner, shopping, etc. and thus didn't need to pay the $25 per day for parking. There's a local trolley which we didn't use but would have been easy and cheap enough if we had time to venture further. We did use the hotel bikes both days and found it easy to get around although the sidewalks were quite crowded since it was spring break.

The beach location and being literally next to the pier was wonderful. We didn't splurge for the beach chairs and found ourselves sitting by the pool when we could find chairs. They really should monitor people saving chairs as there were way too many unoccupied with a towel thrown over. We enjoyed the basic complimentary breakfast for Gold members and with the nice selection of bagels, yogurts, cereals and a wonderful fruit bar we didn't feel the need to upgrade to the eggs, etc. however it looked like a nice selection as well. We enjoyed a nice, but pricey, lunch on the upper patio with a great view of the beach and water. Service was great for both dining experiences.

We were only there two night and were disappointed when we returned to our room at 4:30 p.m. on the second day to find it still was not serviced. Fortunately they have given us extra towels to begin with as we needed to shower after a day in the water. At 6:30 p.m. when we left for dinner we finally had to request for it to be cleaned. Not pleased that such a basic service for a top tier hotel was not provided.

The WiFi was our biggest issues as we both had hoped to disconnect but with very poor Verizon cell service and almost no existent WiFi most of the time we spent way too much of our time trying to connect for simple things like mapping a bike trail or finding a restaurant. For the extra $20 a day for what is usually free WiFi at most Hilton properties for Gold members I would have expected top notch WiFi. Although I'd like to think I'm not dependent on my phone, we did need reliable service. On the last day when we needed to order an Uber we sadly stood in the parking lot and picked up the WiFi of a restaurant across the street in order to connect. Although the price of over $400 was extreme it was Spring Break and this property along with any other decent one in that strip was sold out. It is an older property from the outside but the inside was very modern and well maintained.

On the morning of our check-out I stopped by the front desk to remind them of our 2 p.m. check-out. They immediately told me that I'd be charged for it even after I explained that it was included in my rate and the manager okayed it upon arrival. Fortunately as that person left to find the manager another person told us she'd take care of it and to enjoy our day. When we went to get our receipt, it showed a $25 per day resort fee even when it was $20 per day on our reservation. Not sure why they haven't updated their website with the new rate but I had proof in my confirmation email and they nicely made the adjustment to my bill.

So in the end, getting our room early, the perfect location and cleanliness of the hotel almost balanced out the other items. We probably won't be back and hope to find another Hilton property in FL that does better for the money.

Room Tip: Harbor view is actually nice but bring ear plugs for the noise.
1  Thank PizzaKat
Ann F, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Your very detailed input is much appreciated and will be used for future improvement. It was a pleasure having you as our guests and your Hilton loyalty is greatly.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I kept going between Average and very good. Because the staff were very friendly from the valets, Housekeeping, the pool attendees, the Spotted Donkey....all hotel staff. Very Southern-hospitality! The construction was very loud, it was right outside the balcony, so missed quiet morning sunrises. I told my husband don't open the curtain there is a crane he said shoo it away I said no look. It was a big crane with construction workers. Lol! But the view was breathtaking, we were in 514. Couldn't image the other side. The pools were great but you couldn't get a chair...they need more chairs. You had to go out early or late. Leave your bag by the pool and when a chair opens run. Bad gas odor in lobby and by the bar where we avoided that area. Prime beach area, you can walk anywhere right in the middle. We had no issues at the beach with chairs and the umbrella. Dated rooms....with extreme pricing! The rooms are very small and have carpeting....kept our shoes on. The bathroom shower was great but small bathroom. I did wait till last minute to book Spring-break so this could be my fault. Not sure if we would visit the Hilton in this area again even though we are members. I haven't had a bad review of a Hilton, just need to update it and discount rate during construction. Love Clearwater our first time here. Beautiful beaches and breathtaking sunsets!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review! Your kudos to our team is much appreciated. We are very grateful for your patience during our renovations. We look forward to you returning, when renovations are complete, and possibly earning that last star. Thank you for your Hilton loyalty.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Loved Clearwater and after much reading many reviews, chose this hotel as our time away a few days. Being Hilton rewards members helped the choice as well. First of all , Location is great!! Overall it will be a nice hotel when they are finished with the renovations. I knew when I booked we were getting a “limited view “. However, usually being a Hilton rewards member has helped us in the past not have a quite so crappy room. We did the early check in on the app and picked our room they offered, and even called ahead to let them know we were a late arrival. Upon arriving past midnight, not being acknowledged as a Hilton rewards member, the room we had picked was not ours and we had a great view of the sky and a rooftop unit for our 4 nights. We did not have a balcony either. The hotel wanted more money to upgrade to a room with a partial view. And the rooms were just hotel rooms, nothing fancy. Our toilet ran on and off for no reason for 2 nights. Once we complained they did send in a mechanical person to repair it and it was repaired. Not one offer of a discount. I would not pay again what I paid for this hotel. It was over $400 per night + parking of $25 a night + $25 night day for resort fees and we knew this ahead of time. The resort fees were not worth it. As mentioned, location. The beach is wonderful with many chairs to be had if you want to pay, yet you are already paying for the resort feee. The pool is nice, but they do not monitor saving of chairs and the pool is a little small for the amount of rooms they have. We stayed last summer at an IHG resort and they had people that monitored chairs and pulled towels if people didn’t come to them within about 30 mins. That would help this pool a lot. The bar at the pool was nice but their outside waitresses don’t come by often. Once they finally were within shouting distance of me, they turned back and never asked if I needed anything. I just got up and went to bar. Location, close to everything. We never moved the car, which to me was the only thing worth the money we paid for 4 nights. Close to pier, shopping and restaurants. We paid extra and got breakfast added. That was great. The food was good and a little above the normal hotel breakfast. It has a buffet, but apparently you can also order pancakes and waffles but we didn’t find out until our last day as none of the waitresses let us know that small piece of information. In our travels, we stayed at a hotel in Monterrey Bay. Super nice but having renovations too. Their buffet was awesome as they had a separate line for the chef making omelets and eggs. They need that here somehow. By the time you get back to your seat from
Waiting in line, your food is cold. The pancakes and waffles were warm and great that we ordered. The waitresses were all nice. The workout room was nice but a little small for a full service hotel. We try and use the facilities wherever we go. The beach towel arrangement is a little strange, they give you towel cards that you hand in to get towels and then you have to get them back when you turn your towels in yet how does the person know you actually turned them in when you don’t return the towels to them? I think showing a keycard for your room should be enough. All in all we had a great visit, just for price I might pick another hotel or rent a condo next time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tmaxian

Thank you for your very detailed review. You included a number of valuable comments that we will share with our team and use to improve going forward. We hope you might give us another opportunity, when renovations are complete and your travels bring you back to Clearwater Beach, to improve your overall experience. Thank you again.