“The mofongo was fantastic!”
Review of La Fondita De Leo

La Fondita De Leo
Ranked #133 of 755 Restaurants in Clearwater
Reviewed 3 April 2016

We were on a mission for some great Puerto Rican food and were very happy with La Fondita De Leo. The pork and chicken mofongo were fantastic and worth the wait. We won't hesitate to return.

Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

The food is absolutely amazing! BUT I am only giving 4 stars because they only had 1 server and 1 cook and it took 80 minutes to get our food. The server did his best since half of the tables had customers waiting for their food. He was really nice.

I recommend that you come on the weekend since they're fully staffed. We came on a Wednesday which was a mistake. I hope management fixes this problem.

Everything we ordered was full of flavor and cooked perfectly. Even the flan was perfect. I can't stand overcooked flan!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Excellent food! Service is a little slow, but if you can put up with it your meal will satisfy your pallet! My favorite is the Kan Kan pork chop. Enough for 2 people. Leo is very good making the Puertorrican MANPOSTEADO (rice , vegies and red beans together, -Wow!) make sur you have the mofongo with shrimp or for you beef lovers have the steak with the chimichurri sauce. All is very good. I have taken friends that have never eaten Puertorrican food and were very satisfied. Just remember this food is not spicy but well seasoned, there is a difference!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

This was our second time going here. The food is always served hot. Food has great amazing taste! Love there nutella cheesecake.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Piss Poor service!! Not worth the money nor the time. It literally took 30 minutes before someone came to the table after being seated . Then another 40 minutes to receive an appetizer that tasted like it was freshly heated in the microwave. I was better off getting a frozen dinner.

1  Thank Raoul C