2,724 results
All reviews tate island grill glass of champagne the activities desk fire pit sand pearl clearwater beach clear sky cafe zero entry valet parking junior suite turn down service per day beautiful hotel pool area pool service an umbrella beach umbrellas
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The place got a 4 but could have been a 5 except for very poor room cleaning service.They cleaned our room only 2 days as they were unavailable to clean before 5pm. If you can live with this at 300 a night its ok.To bad as everything else was good.

Room Tip: Gulf view a must
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richard b
Brittney M, Guest Relations Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear overall you were able to enjoy your stay with us, please accept our sincerest apology for the room cleaning service. We hope you can visit us again so we can redeem ourselves next time.

Brittney Moore

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Having done quite a bit of traveling, I’m willing to say this is now among my favorite hotels! We were greeted as welcome guests, and offered refreshments (lovely glass of champagne) immediately. Every single member of the staff throughout our stay was professional, yet extremely friendly and helpful. The room was quite large and very comfortable, as was the bathroom, which is stocked with large fluffy towels. Our original 5th floor room had a gulf view, but unfortunately the hotel dumpsters were directly below the balcony. Since it’s “low season” and the hotel was not fully booked, we mentioned our view to the front desk and were very graciously accommodated with a beautiful pool and gulf view. It scores quite a few points with me when an establishment chooses public relations over protocol.

The only negative is that it rankles when a quality resort charges an activity fee, and then gets greedy and charges for beach umbrellas and bicycles. That may bring in some extra dollars, but is the negative impression really worth it? All in all, it’s a beautiful hotel, and the staff is wonderful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ted P, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Guest,

It is our pleasure to have you add us to your list of favorite hotels. I am happy our staff treated you very well and we were able to get you into a more suitable room. Thank you for the compliments and the review, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Jose at the concierge makes this hotel the best and most amazing experience. If it was up to me I would make him the owner he does his job with love I swear if I come back I would stay here just for him anyways this place is great to relax ask Jose for places and what to do where to go and what to eat

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing Jose for making your stay the amazing experience it was. I hope you did enjoy other areas of the hotel but again thank you for the compliments of our concierge Jose. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We stayed at SandPearl resort for 4 nights in early October, 3 kids and 2 adults. The location is excellent, can walk to many restaurants and shops. The lobby is nicely decorated, and the pool is nice. They have cornhole and ping pong set up by the pool which the kids liked. The rooms were nice and clean. We got a suite with a kitchen and the kitchen could have been a little better stocked, as we did try to have a couple meals in the room. The disposal under the kitchen sink broke while we were there and started leaking water on the kitchen floor, but to their credit they did fix it quickly.

A few downsides. Sometimes the valet guys seemed to not have their act together. One time they couldn't find my vehicle and after about 20 minutes located it in the hotel's employee parking. They had an indoor play area for kids near the pool but it stunk so badly from mold and dirty feet that we couldn't stay in there at all. My biggest gripe is that they want to charge you to use the hotels umbrellas on the beach. Really irritates me when I'm paying more than $1,000 to stay somewhere and they want to nickel and dime me for a beach umbrella.

Overall pretty good and I think we would consider possibly staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Grant R
Ted P, Front Office Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the resort. Aside from the few things you were not pleased with it sounds like you were able to enjoy the stay overall. We do hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We have just arrived home from another stay at the Sandpearl. We have stayed at the property around 15 times over the past number of years for 7-14 nights at a time. Unfortunately I don’t think we will be visiting again. The quality of the hotel over the last 2-3 stays has really gone downhill. The rooms/bathrooms are starting to look tired and the level of service within the hotel is dropping. We travel a lot and stay at other resorts which seem to have moved on much better than the Sandpearl. The biggest thing it misses out on is personalized service for loyal/returning customers. As a high star resort this is just a must for people to return- especially as more and more hotels are opening up along the beach in recent years. All efforts seem to have gone into the sister property and The Sandpearl is now lagging behind.

We stayed for 7 days this time around and our room was only cleaned 3 times- on 2 of these occasions it was cleaned because we called down to ask for it to be. We usually receive this service twice daily-once in the morning and also a turn-down service in the evening.

I have to say the service on the beach/pool and coffee shop is still great- most of the servers have been there since we started visiting the hotel and always supply a very good standard of service with a smile to go with it!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hannahtravel123
Eric W, General Manager at Sandpearl Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of your last stay at the Sandpearl Resort.

I am sorry that your last visit was not as good as your previous ones. In your review you mentioned not being recognized as a repeat guest. I do apologize for this. If you would like to contact me directly at the resort I would like to get your information so that we can add your profile into our Opal Collection Repeat Guest program as well as iPrefer.

I am also very sorry that you did not receive Housekeeping Service. We do Housekeeping service twice daily, one full service and then a turndown service in the evening. I am not sure why this didn't happen during your stay if you did not have a "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door. My apologies.

As mentioned above, please contact me directly at the resort so that I can make sure to add your profile information into our repeat guest programs.

Regards,