We stayed at the Sandpearl Resort at the end of August and what a place! The resort and grounds are gorgeous with attention to details evident. We were here just before the Republican National Conference so they had an elephant sand sculpture in the lobby. Very cute.
Rooms were well appointed with comfortable bedding and wonderful bath products. I really liked that this resort does it's part for the environment.....when the sliding glass door to the balcony is opened, the A/C shuts off. Wonderful! Which leads me to the view! DEFINITELY pay the upgrade to get a gulf front room. The sunsets and view from the balcony were second to none!
The only downside to our stay, and this is not at all the fault of the good people at the Sandpearl, was that the threat of Hurricane Isaac was looming so the pool and the pool side restaurant shut down our second afternoon/evening there. Again, this was no fault of the resort...just one of those things.
We did not try out either restaurant here (Caretta on the Gulf was a little too pricey for a family of 4 for supper. Tate Island Grill was packed our first night there and closed due to hurricane the second night there) so no comments to be made about them. We ended up eating at the Clearsky Restaurant right across the street from the Sandpearl. Quite good - especially breakfast.
The concierge was helpful and booked us an excursion on one of the several boat tours. After walking down to the boat to check it out, we changed our mind. It was a pontoon boat with what looked like lawn chairs. Several other tours had signs up that they were closed due to the looming hurricane, so we decided that for our safety, we should not go ahead with the boat tour.
It was a pricey 2 night stay, but this is one of those resorts that you stay at for a special occasion, not every weekend. Definitely worth it if you are thinking of Clearwater Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning location along a 700-foot expanse on the sugary white sands of pristine Gulf of Mexico beach front, Sandpearl Resort's casually elegant surroundings provide guests with a vacation experience unmatched on the beach. Just 18 miles from Tampa International Airport, our guests will experience the old Florida tradition of hospitality at our brand new world-class property. Our friendly staff will help make your stay memorable through plush amenities and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Preferred Hotels, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotelopia so you can book your Sandpearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpearl Hotel Clearwater
- Sandpearl Resort Clearwater, Florida