All reviewsroom was cleanclearwater beachphillies spring trainingyogurti highly recommend this hotelking bedstayed here for nightslocation was perfectdunedinpropertieschannels
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I never go to other hotel except holiday inn.They prepare good breakfast and the front desk peps are friendly and helpful.You can always enjoy fruit infused water at their reception hall.One time we asked for a late check out and they granted it without charging us.I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Chose this hotel because we wanted to be on the beach/water. While it wasn't on the beach, it was only a 5 minute walk which wasn't bad. The hotel had a great restaurant right on the water, also a nice pool area with a bar and all right on the Gulf. The best thing was viewing the spectacular sunsets right over the water! That was quite amazing!
The area the hotel is in is a nice beach area with restaurants and people strolling by at all times. The room was clean and service was good. I would recommend this hotel if you want nice beach and pool and a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the street side and it was fine, not loud at all. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I booked a reservation on 12-26-2017 for Dunedin Holiday Inn Express with points/cash. My reservation was diverted to this hotel in Clearwater, where my wife and I stayed for four nights.

Day One- We were "upgraded" to executive suite for not being clearly notified that our reservation was changed to a different hotel location. This room had stained furniture and burn marks on carpet. The linens were very thin and didn't smell or feel freshly laundered. The pillows and mattress were hard, making it difficult to sleep comfortably.

Day Two- The fitness center had three pieces of equipment, two with signs saying "Out of Order" and a third with a very torn up seat on a recumbent bike.
(This situation was noted on a Trip Advisor Review on 01/18/2018, with no remedies made to the reported issues.) None of the equipment allowed for a view of the tv hung in a corner facing away from the equipment. The water fountain was broken, and there was no water cooler.
We discovered our refrigerator in our room didn't work properly, freezing our bottles on the door into undrinkable blocks of ice.
The shower head provide a very light water pressure and needed replaced.

Day Three- The breakfast area provided no bowls for my daily cereal. When staff was notified, neither the breakfast staff nor maintenance personnel were able to unlock the cabinet in which the bowls were stored.
As an IHG Gold Elite member, I am able to request a bottle of water from the front desk. I was told by the front desk that the hotel was out of bottled water, the 1st floor vending machine was out as well, but I could go up to the 4th floor and spend $4 for a bottle of water for my wife and me, which I did.

Day Four- The breakfast area had no regular coffee available at 8:00 a.m.
My wife found the breakfast staff dusting the front desk in the lobby and let her know.
She came and filled the coffee canisters. My wife let her know there were no bananas. The staff walked away from her while saying,"There aren't any because they didn't let me know they were out."
My wife discovered mouse droppings in the track and on the carpet of our hotel room's closet.

If you're wondering if we notified the manager at the front desk, we did daily, including this morning. We did have our linens and pillows changed on day one due to our discussion with front desk staff. Other than that, we left there with no refund of cash or points today, and only the concerned,listening ears from Kylie and Orlando who worked the front desk. We have yet to receive a phone call from Josh, the hotel manager, which we've been expecting for two days. When we receive any resolution, we will update our review.

Now you understand the reason for the title of this review.

Room Tip: I honestly don't know that there are any good rooms to be found in this substandard hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hi Sturgeon2016,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read that our amenities and services did not live up to your expectations. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information.

We value you as our guest and looking forward to your response.

Christian C.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Woke up in the middle of the night itchy all over and bites. Inspected myself and the bed found bugs. The front desk immediately apologized and refunded my stay. He sent me to the candlewood suites which also had bugs. Checked into a Marriott which was $100 more a night for 4 hours. Not one person has contacted me.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Fearless196399
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concern in further details.

Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at HI-GuestRelations@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGService@ihg.com including reference #10435290981 so we can follow up on your experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Accidentally booked two nights, only needed one— very accommodating for that. However, my back is now aching from how hard the mattress was, & I’m not one to complain about back pain. Also, the valance/curtain/blind... EVERYTHING above the window, came crashing down this morning. We called to let the front desk know, as we were quite alarmed, & his response was, “Ok I will send up maintenance when he gets here later today.” Not too happy about that but at least no one got hurt.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi Anna K!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us for your trip in Clearwater and sharing your thoughts! While we're glad that your reservation issue was sorted out quickly, we're very sorry about the uncomfortable bed and window mishap that marred your stay. Your comfort has always been our priority. Our maintenance staff will certainly use your comment as a learning tool for our future upgrades.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, and we'll be delighted to welcome you back so we can provide you with a better hotel experience.

Safe travels,