All reviews full kitchen across the street no elevator pool area private beach free bottled water clearwater beach quality inn k cups within walking distance nice pool living area front office great place to stay spring break coffee maker ihop
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I loved my stay at Coconut cove. The resort was very clean and with more than plenty of room, more than Im use to actualy. The pool area was amazing, especily the waterfall and fountains. Just a very relaxing place to stay. Oh and the staff was top notch. Can not say anything bad about this place other than wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jeffcody
Reviewed 17 April 2012

it's great so don't let 'the word' put you off!! There isn't an onsite restaurant or bar, but there is an Italian restaurant next door that serves breakfast, lunch & dinner or happily just a drink and when I say next door I mean 1 step! There are no lifts to the 1st floor but once you've got over this you're really not going to find suite much better in Clearwater! The suites are superb, and kept spotless by the friendly staff. They are roomy and the beds are extremely comfy. Fully fitted kitchen (and I do mean FULL), two tv's (lounge and bedroom), ample bathroom and the balcony big enough for a family of four to sit comfortably. Depending which block/area is whether you get a view (we were lucky with a pool/bridge balcony) but you don't spend that much time in the room - this is Clearwater BEACH after all. Tina, who helped with our last minute booking (from a disaster in Tampa), was extremely helpful and really did go that extra mile to ensure we received the suite we wanted at the price we wanted to pay!! Five stars to her :-) The parking is ample and mostly shaded (although it does go against the grain to pay $10 a night, but it is an island!) and the location is perfect, quiet and safe at night (police station over the road) with all the 'action' nearby. There is a Walgreens, pizza take-away, liquor store and a bar seconds away, along with a couple of souvenir shops. Pier 60, the 'hub' of Clearwater, is an easy 15/20 minutes stroll

I would happily recommend this 'resort' for couples or families; it's worth that few extra $$

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Anniegirl62
Reviewed 13 April 2012

It is always a gamble when picking a place to stay while on vacation. My nerves were eased when I called The Coconut Cove Resort and talked to Tina. When we arrived at the propertly, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the place was. Our room balcony faced a beautiful bridge, the gulf, and overlooked the pool. Our room was updated and clean, I did look for bed bugs and did NOT see any. The king bed was very comfortable. Staff cleaned daily and did an outstanding job. We got new bath towels daily. They do provide beach towels as needed, so don't waste space in your luggage for them. Kitchen was well equiped. They provided dish soap and dishwasher soap. Kitchen garbage can was way too small. They also supply shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and bar soap.
Pool area was beautiful. It stayed open pretty late which was nice for the kids when they wanted to take one more dip before bed. There were several chase lounge chairs.
You do have to pay $10 for parking daily. This was ok with me because parking by the beach would have cost at least $10 a day.
Coconut Cove Resort does have access to a private beach. I thought it was small. We spent most of our time by Pier 60. It takes 20 minutes by foot to get there. We spent time on the beach, umbrellas can be rented for $25.00 a day. At Pier 60, my boys caught all kinds of different kinds of fish.
There is an Itailian restaurant, Walgreens, and a gas station very close to the hotel. IHOP is across the street.
Water in general in the area has a sulfer taste, so find a Walmart and get some bottled water. We went to a Publex that is close by, but found it to be pretty expensive.
I got to meet Tina in person. She is a gem and an awesome representative of Coconut Cove Resort.
Washer and dryer on site. 1.25-1.50 and equipment was efficient.
Coconut Cove is a great place to take a family. It was truely a home away from home for a picky chick.
Downfalls: Parking is under the facility so you must climb a minimum of one flight of stairs. We were on the 3rd floor and the steps got old quickly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank rnmum3
Reviewed 12 April 2012

At the risk of burying the lede, I must begin by pointing out that this place is a resort only if you put 99% of the weight on the fact that Clearwater Beach is a resort. This is a motel. It's a nice, clean, reasonably convenient motel with very large, well-equipped rooms (suites) that would be great for a family making an extended stay. I was traveling solo, and for me it was merely average.

The location is fine. It's about a mile south of Pier 60, the center of Clearwater Beach. You can get anywhere using a variety of options ranging from walking to jitney to on-demand, work-for-tips minibuses. I have to give a shoutout to the jitney, known here as the Jolley Trolley, because I left my wallet on one of the buses and they really went out of their way to return it to me. You can buy an all-day Trolley ticket for $4.50. It's a good deal if you want to be mobile without a car. Bring exact change though.

Back to the motel, the bad news is that they charge $10 a day for parking. The good news is that most of the parking is in the shade. I had a standard king suite. Note that there are no elevators and I think all of the rooms require some stairs. You enter into a large living room/kitchen. The living room is sparely furnished. The pullout couch and chairs were spectacularly uncomfortable for sitting. I did not evaluate it for sleeping. There's a tall bar-type table with 3 stools. This ended up being the most comfortable place to sit and watch the 32" flat screen TV.

Privacy buffs should note that the rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the outdoor hallway. There are blinds which do an adequate job. People do hang out in that hallway sometimes.

The kitchen is great. Fully equipped with good quality appliances, including microwave, full stove/oven and full-size refrigerator. In a nice touch they leave you dish soap both for the sink and dishwasher. There are enough dishes for 4 people. I'm sure you can get more if you ask. Many of my fellow lodgers cooked delicious-smelling breakfasts in these kitchens.

The bedroom has a door and a reasonably comfortable bed and pillows and another TV. There's good space for unpacking into drawers. It's a quiet part of Clearwater Beach so once the neighbors settled down I slept well. There's a small balcony overlooking the parking lot. The bathroom is fine.

The room needs more lights and the switches are oddly placed. Cleanliness is good. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Wifi is free and adequate.

The motel sits across the street from the beach but you can use the Quality Inn beach which is small but conveniently close. The pool is small but nicely set up with lounges and tables. There's a pizza place and a crappy little Walgreens with a liquor store next door. The Publix supermarket is a couple of miles away and can be reached by the Trolley.

If you're a family of 3 or 4 and would fully utilize the space, this would be an excellent choice. For a solo traveler it was okay but not ideal.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Frank T
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We were on a vacation to just relax and enjoy the good weather and Phillies spring training.....and were looking for a suite as we were staying for a week but were making our reservations last minute; the all suite hotel was very clean and the housekeeping services were excellent; the servicing of the outdoor areas was wonderful; this is a family resort and at the time we were there, with lots of kids of every age around, and there was never a noise problem. The suites have been completely redone and the beds were most comfortable. The suite was a good size for us. Hotel was convenient to all locations we were visiting by car and was within walking distance of Clearwater Beach restaurants/Pier 60, etc. Beach access was through sister hotel across the street, which was OK for us. Front office personnel were friendly and helpful. I would definately go back to this hotel next year.

Room Tip: Building B and C offer a view of the pool area. Rooms are up one or two levels and there is not an elevator, so this could be a consideration for some travelers.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family