2,069 results
All reviews sand key pool area across the street clearwater beach columbia restaurant maggie maes dunkin donuts kids club wet bar jet ski view of the bay jolly trolley living area the hotel offers poolside bar high floor the sofa bed
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

My experience with this hotel was fantastic. Since the moment we arrived, I was so happy with our descision. First of all, the service was excellent. They were very attentive, helpful, and friendly. The rooms were clean and the maid would come at any time you were ready. The property is located on the bay side of Sand Key, but across the street from the beach. The pool and spa are gorgeous, and the fitness room is very nice as well. I recommend renting a jetski, if you are looking for something to do. We only had dinner here, but the food is delicious. We will definitely be coming back. In short, I strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura M
Michael M, General Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Laura M,

Wow, we are thrilled you had such a great time and I am excited to share your review with my team. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community!!

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend in July. We had 2 adjoining suites for 4 adults and 2 kids. The accommodations were spacious, staff courteous, food very good. BUT....the noise during renovations was unbearable! We stayed on the 6th floor and it sounded like they were jack hammering in our room. My decibel meter was reading 96 dB, which are hazardous levels of noise. Not so fun when you have young children that need to take afternoon naps. So if traveling with children, I highly recommending avoiding this property until renovations are complete. The noise in the common areas wasn't bad.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank masipan
Michael M, General Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Dear masipan,

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you found the suites to spacious and you enjoyed the service and food provided by our team. I apologize for the challenges our current modernization may have caused. I completely understand the need for quiet when trying to get little ones down for a nap and I am very sorry that our current project prevented that. I do hope you return in the future and give us another opportunity to make up for these challenges. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Stayed here in June 2016. Upon arrival we saw that renovations were underway at the front of the property, not mentioned when we booked!, however the very efficient Ed (porter, bag carrier and font of local knowledge) and reception staff welcomed us warmly and showed us to our suite. Rooms are apparently all going to be renovated soon but I found our suite more than comfortable, 2 double beds, 2 flatscreen tvs (one in the living area), fridge, coffee maker and microwave all up to standard. I must say that the staff at this location without exception are the friendliest, most courteous and willing to help team we have encountered. Great pool area and bar. Kokamo, (boardwalk under renovation during our stay but staff ensured disruption was kept to a minimum) with fantastic serving staff, especially Stan the man behind the bar. Good barfood menu, you will enjoy a snack right beside the sea. Hire a jetski from Ronnie, great fun. We ate in the Watercolor restaurant once for breakfast (fine but waayyy too expensive) and evening meal which was very enjoyable. Special mention for Brannon at the Starbucks café, he's a very helpful guy and made sure we had everything we needed.
Plus points: staff are the best, location is a little out of Clearwater beach but hey have you tried getting parked there? The hotel shuttle to Sand Key beach, great pool and bar, complimentary parking, did I mention the staff?
Minus points: Renovations during our stay BUT staff did make it as pleasant as possible( I'm a sucker for hotel credit), wifi is payable ( again got it waived) Seriously Marriott, paying for wifi is a joke, don't embarrass yourselves with this!! Breakfast is so overpriced its ridiculous, check out the nearby eateries instead.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank WayneKerr
Michael M, General Manager at Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Dear WayneKerr,

Thank you for staying with us. We are excited to know you enjoyed your visit to Clearwater and our hotel. Our team works very hard to create great experiences for or guests and I am thrilled to know that their hard work was well received by you and your family. I will really enjoy sharing this feedback with them. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

WE came up from Lakewood ranch to visit friends staying at the hotel.
I want to just comment that, there is quite a bit of construction, but the areas we were in were beautiful.
We stayed at the pool for the day. The pool was very nice, overlooking the bay. The waiter, BEN, was terrific! He really took good care of all of us. WE had a great couple games of pool volleyball where we got many of the other hotel guests involved!
We left around 5 to go eat. The 6 of us that were visiting had such a surprise in the pool bathrooms. There are really nice showers, hairdryers, towels. Plenty of room to get ready without bothering our friends in their room!
If we ever come up to stay in clearwater, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jkkramer

Dear jkkramer,

Thank you for the great feedback. We are very happy you and your friends enjoyed the pool and kokomo's. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

Reviewed 7 July 2016

I do not know why the people in the "Recent reviews of this property" gave such bad reviews. This place is beautiful! Great service, great rooms, great food! The rooms are all big suits, plenty of room. Clean, they do turn down service with a mint on the pillow. The grandkids enjoyed room service of milk and cookies. Great activities for the kids. Beach buggy service to the beach whenever you want. Beautiful, peaceful beach - - and that sunset! Those people with the bad reviews must have been staying at a different hotel! My family and I loved it. Plenty of great restaurants to eat at, the trolley to take you down to Pier 60 or all the way to John's Pass Boardwalk for shopping, can't beat that! So don't believe the negative comments. Stay here! It is definitely worth it. We stayed for the 4th of July - what a view of the fireworks! Even a 4th of July bar-b-que for the guests! Will definitely be coming back to this hotel!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue A

Dear Sue A,

Thank you for spending your 4th with us. We are very excited that you and your family enjoyed the experience. Our team really enjoy making great experiences and I am excited too share your feedback with them. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!!