Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
Ranked #75 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
kissimmee
“Terrible”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Supposedly the room was non-smoking but it smelled like cigarettes the rug was not cleaned the sofa had stains and later that night i called for sheets for the sofa bed and they never called me back to pick them up at the front desk.Even though we kept the ac on the smell was still there.I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.Priceline should be ashamed for even having this hotel on their list.

Room Tip: Check reviews before considering this hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank edmaxy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
BURTON
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My boyfriend and I planned a weeks vacation at the last minute, we just knew we wanted to go to Clearwater, Fl. We took a chance on this hotel, didn't have much in terms of expectations and was pleasantly surprised! We picked Homestead suites because of the kitchen and amenities as we wanted to have a nice vacation but on a budget. Our room had a queen size bed, huge closet and dresser, decent size bathroom (enough for both of us to share the space while getting ready for the day), and a good size kitchen with a stove, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, pots, dishes...etc. The onsite laundry was convenient as well, a little pricey at $4.25 to wash and dry 1 load but still nice that it was there. We stayed for a week, they only cleaned the room once a week, but it was nice because the room was very clean when we got there and we treated it as if it was our own home for the week. We are the type of people that would rather clean up after ourselves rather than have a stranger come into our room every day. It was nice to have a clean set of sheets, vacuum, and have the bathroom cleaned 1 time in the middle of our stay. We are planning a return trip next year and plan to stay here again. It was the perfect location for where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see. We went to the beach every day and traveled up and down the gulf coast. It was the perfect vacation on a budget! The staff was also very friendly, when we requested more towels and pillows, they were always very friendly and would bend over backwards to meet our needs.

Room Tip: Booked flight and car then our hotel separate.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Long story short, while the room was clean and nice, the customer service was awful! The fire alarm went off, it was blaring for probably 10 minutes straight (around midnight) and no one from the hotel staff came around to let anyone know what was going. People were standing outside half-naked not sure what to do or what was going on. My husband and I decided, since we didn't HAVE to stay at a hotel, we would get our money back and go home, we had only been there for maybe 10 minutes before the fire alarm went off. The man at the front desk was extremely rude and belligerent, he refused to give us our money back and threatened my husband. He actually said, "Lets take this outside." and told my husband, "You ain't getting S---!" I went inside to try to calm the situation down and before I can even get a word out, he leans over the counter and yells at me! My husband and I are livid. We did get our money, but the apology from the manager we got TWO DAYS later was not heartfelt and did not seem sincere, almost as if he were standing by his employee's actions. We have filed a complaint with Corporate so maybe they'll handle it better than his manager did. I have never been treated soo poorly by a hotel...EVER! Only go to this hotel if you have no other choice, I truly hope this guy doesn't treat future guests like we were treated.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TpaLady
North Branch, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in March. First, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unless you stay there for a week, you do not get any kind of service to your room. You had to go to the front desk to get towels and they were more than happy to give you whatever you needed. The pool area was nice,even though I was only out there once.

The room was not quite as nice as I had hoped. The sofa in the room smelled bad and was stained and in order to sit on it, I put a clean sheet over it. The bathroom and kitchen cabinets, both had large chips out of them. I also thought the bathroom could have been a little more clean. There was hair in my tub, even before I used it. There were also black all under the rim of the toilet and around the base. The bed was not all that comfortable either.

I think it's an okay price, but not sure I would stay here again. I normally stay at a Marriott hotel and am generally very happy with any of them. I guess all in all, I saved some bucks for this stay. Sometimes though, it's worth paying just a little more. You kinda get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jastudt
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2010

There was a king sized bed and a pull out couch with all the pillows and sheets and blankets. It was clean and very comfortable. There was a mini kitchen with coffee and a refrigerator to bring your own groceries there. There is a Publix right across the street and a Panara Bread right next door. Also a bar and a couple of restaurants on the other side. You are right by the interstate to go to Tampa and can get there in less than 10 minutes from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Clearwater hotels
0.9 km away
Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Clearwater - Executive Dr.
2.1 km away
1.3 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater AP
1.1 km away
Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park? Share your experiences!