When we arrived the person that was suppose to be working at the front desk had gone to the "store" and wouldn't be back for 30 min. So one of her friends who were hanging out by the pool called her on the phone so that we could talk to her while she was shopping. She told us that the room that was showing available on orbitz.com was not actually available and that for 20 dollars extra we could have a different room. Then said we could go look at the room and if we liked it then we could move our stuff in and she'll meet us later when she's done shopping. Before we got to the room you walk into a gated (I wouldn't even go that far)pool area. The pool was dirty had a green foggy tint to it. Across the pool was a lounge area where residents or I think was friends were relaxing in the shade. Most of the "residents" looked homeless looking. No teeth, no shirts. They were most likely passing around "left handed cigarettes". The room was on the second floor. The room had no towels, the leaky ac unit was taped to the wall, there were pieces of wood holding the windows closed, everything looked dirty, bugs in the window seal, nothing matched. We should of ran out the door right then but we just got out of the car from driving a couple hours and didn't want to get back into the car. So we just grabbed our groceries and headed up to the room to make a sandwich. Mid through eating a sandwich on a napkin(because all two of the plates were dirty) I realized WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE?!? I actually put the rest of my sandwich in my pocket gathered my groceries from the fridge and ran out the door being sure not to make any eye contact with the crack heads lounging by the pool. Got into my car and never looked back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are English owned offering spacious good clean accommodation catering to families, couples, and business people alike, who just want to chill out in our tranquil surroundings, swim in our large pool or conduct business in a relaxing atmosphere. We are a two-minute walk to the beach and the Hilton Hotel. No need for a car here, everything is within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Traveler Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Traveler Hotel Clearwater
- Traveler Motel Clearwater, Florida