New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Traveler Motel
Ranked #71 of 96 Hotels in Clearwater
“Worst Motel Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

When we arrived the person that was suppose to be working at the front desk had gone to the "store" and wouldn't be back for 30 min. So one of her friends who were hanging out by the pool called her on the phone so that we could talk to her while she was shopping. She told us that the room that was showing available on orbitz.com was not actually available and that for 20 dollars extra we could have a different room. Then said we could go look at the room and if we liked it then we could move our stuff in and she'll meet us later when she's done shopping. Before we got to the room you walk into a gated (I wouldn't even go that far)pool area. The pool was dirty had a green foggy tint to it. Across the pool was a lounge area where residents or I think was friends were relaxing in the shade. Most of the "residents" looked homeless looking. No teeth, no shirts. They were most likely passing around "left handed cigarettes". The room was on the second floor. The room had no towels, the leaky ac unit was taped to the wall, there were pieces of wood holding the windows closed, everything looked dirty, bugs in the window seal, nothing matched. We should of ran out the door right then but we just got out of the car from driving a couple hours and didn't want to get back into the car. So we just grabbed our groceries and headed up to the room to make a sandwich. Mid through eating a sandwich on a napkin(because all two of the plates were dirty) I realized WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE?!? I actually put the rest of my sandwich in my pocket gathered my groceries from the fridge and ran out the door being sure not to make any eye contact with the crack heads lounging by the pool. Got into my car and never looked back.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Liz2319

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

I book this hotel on the web and when we got there it was better than expected! Nice people running the place and a whole new remodeled room and needles to say its in the middle of it all. We would go back any time.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
apopka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

We just returned from our trip to clearwater there were 4 of us my daughter , her husband their 6 year old son and myself. the owner couldn't have been nicer the rates were extreamly reasonable, the pool is very well kept, they provide a grill a screen house and yard for your use. the 2 bedroom apt we stayed in was very clean it is an older building and could use updating but they are working on it. it is not the Hilton but niether is the price!! we will definately go back and are really looking forward to it the motel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach. there are several restruants and stores surrounding it and a marina accros the street it is about a 7 minute walk to pier 60 we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Greater Tampa area.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2010

I wanted a couple days off to celebrate my birthday. A bit of a mini-vacation, if you will. I only live an hour away from Clearwater Beach, and so I wanted something basic, and cheap (keeping in mind I'm a college student, and I work part-time). I saw no sense in paying the ridiculous tourist prices for a bed to sleep in. For that, this place was fantastic.

I reserved a room for myself and my sister. We arrived, and were lucky(?) enough to be upgraded to a bigger room, because the owner had rented ours to someone else. The first night, we bought a few groceries and stayed up in the room, only leaving twice, for dinner and for a bit of night-swimming on the beach. We were exceptionally quiet, I have no problem saying.

The room itself was bearable, to say the least. The AC unit was taped to the wall and very loud. Had we been squeamish, our gecko friend might have scared us off. The dishes were... eclectic. The maid service appeared rare (you have to clean the room before you leave, basically, lest you get charged).

The owner, however, was very polite and friendly when we arrived. I liked him a great deal, until the second day of our stay. I asked three of my friends over to go to the beach. They arrived, and were waiting for me beside the pool, while I got together a bag. The owner preceded to ask me aside and tell me he wanted them off his premises immediately, and that they were free-loading unless I paid for them to stay. His impression of myself and my friends may have been inaccurate, because we are young, but I happen to be under the impression that if I am paying for a room, not damaging anything/breaking the law, and am not disturbing the other paying guests, I may do as I please. I was polite, though, as he had my credit card information, and we left for the beach, but the day was severely dampened, as my friends were then too nervous to even join me for a drink in my room.

I certainly would not go here again, in hopes of finding more polite, and less arrogant and presumptuous innkeepers elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank jadoll

Travellers are raving about these Clearwater hotels

Holland Landing Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

We have stayed at this motel for two years in a row. The service has been great. The owner and his staff are very friendly . The beach is only a couple of minutes away and restaurants are within walking distance if needed. The room was very clean and everything you needed was there and if not the owner would get it for you.The pool was great and we stayed for 10 days and it was checked and cleaned several times while we were there. All in all a wonderful vacation and we WILL be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple