“Great Food, Excellent Service, With A Spectacular View”

Caretta on the Gulf
Ranked #26 of 785 Restaurants in Clearwater
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baymont Street
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Caretta on the Gulf (inside the Sandpearl Resort) came highly recommended to us. "Don't miss this restaurant," was how it was described to us. It didn't disappoint. Our server was "Nate." This man is such a 'pro." He made a scrumptious meal even more delightful. His helpful tips and excellent service were far above the norm. Nate was extremely helpful, friendly & personable, while addressing every need a diner could have. We dined "alfresco," with a great view of the Gulf of Mexico.

Our appetizers, salads, and the selection of breads were the best I've encountered, and believe me, we're no strangers to 5 Star restaurants. We love to dine out! Our pre dinner cocktails were ample, and the mixologist is to be complimented on his/her artistry!

My wife had a 9 oz. filet mignon. The presentation was terrific, it was cooked perfectly, and the taste was fantastic! (Lucky for me, my wife believes in sharing!) There was a slight, sea salt seasoning around the rim of the entire filet, simply delighting taste buds.

For my entrée, I selected veal medallions. They were not the usual flattened, 1/4 inch thick pieces of veal, that is frequently the fare offered by other establishments. These three pieces of veal were a full 1 1/2 inch (or more) high, slices of veal. They were cooked perfectly, tender and succulent, and also featured the sea salt rim that was on my wife's filet. I was so pleased with my choice, I can't wait to go back!

The ambiance, the professionalism of its staff, and the quality of this kitchen, is extremely evident, in every respect. For dessert, we shared a "Blondie" brownie. Absolutely delectable. The dining experience, provided by this establishment, is exceptional. "Don't miss it."

While in Clearwater, visit "Caretta On The Gulf" in the Sandpearl. You won't be disappointed. This is a great restaurant for a special occasion, for a romantic dinner, a family outing, or just a great experience when you want to treat yourself to something special! Ask for Nate! He won't disappoint you either!

2  Thank NickfromPhilly

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We left Caretta's with a mixed feeling.

First, the service (Russ) was excellent - couldn't be better. The drinks were also very good.

For an appetizer we had the scallops and Caprese Salad. The scallops were excellent but the Caprese Salad was a bit salty.

For the entrees, I had the Grouper. It was okay, but that was all. I've had much better.
My wife had the Tenderloin Veal Medallions, and these were not good at all. They were overcooked, dry, and also overly salted. I tasted them and agreed with my wife. She could not finish her meal, and Caretta's were kind enough to remove it from the bill.

I'm sure there are other entrees which would have been a better choice, but we cannot recommend the Grouper or the Tenderloin Veal Medallions.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

It was our family's last night in Clearwater Beach and we decided to eat here to celebrate our vacation as it was recommended to us by the owner of the condo we were renting. It did not disappoint. The drinks were yummy and our appetizers were so good...especially the crab and corn chowder! For my meal I had the Chilean sea bass and it was cooked perfectly and I love how they kept the curry sauce on the side so you controlled how much sauce went in! The steak was also very good! We all finished our meals and did not have room for dessert which I'm sure would've been great! It's pricey but worth the splurge!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I was really looking forward to having dinner here. The views of the sunset were beautiful. After my husband and I were seated our server whom I will refer to as R promptly came over to get our order. We started with drinks and appetizers. They came out promptly. My husband ordered the scallops which were good although there were only 2. Then we waited. We saw R serving others and taking orders moving about but never in our direction. We finally had to flag him down to take our order. My husband even had to say to him I want to make sure you didn't forget about us. My husband ordered the veal and I, the red snapper. The red snapper i ordered was bland. My husband enjoyed his meal. Aside from the server, all was OK.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Service is very slow. We only had breaskfast buffet. They had a good selective, servers were nice, but we waited 10 minutes before the hostess came out to seat us