“Great food!”
Review of Hog Pound BBQ

Hog Pound BBQ
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Chipley
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for the first time on May 5, 2018 ordering several different entrees. Everything was delicious. The Restaurant was clean and our waitress Shayna was awesome! We will be back, good Lord willing.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a quick bite and some sweet tea. Warm welcome great service. Coleslaw very good so was the pulled pork with selection of sauces, specifically the signature peppered mustard

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We stopped here due to proximity to I-10 and yelp reviews and photos showing decent looking food and fried okra (fried vegetable candy). Upon entering we were hit with the stench of powerful chemical cleaners. I'm all for clean, but I don't need my olfactory senses scrubbed by simply walking into a building.. The young lady at the counter didn't really no what was going on, (no big deal, everyone has to start somewhere). But then, it turns out there's no okra, and there was no smoked meat...Well, the smoker out back exists, however it hadn't been used in sometime, this was confirmed when my partner's pulled pork sandwhich had no flavor at all (over baked) and no visible smoke ring or bark. I had a burger, because I had the inkling that this wasn't a BBQ joint anymore, maybe the smoke meat for catering gigs, but this experience was not BBQ.. The sweet potato fries were good..

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We were on a long drive when hunger hit. The choices right off the hwy are dismal on this stretch of I-10, mostly chain food, found these folks on line, figured we'd take a chance. Pulled pork was very good, fresh roll and three BBQ sauces, Tangy Carolina was my favorite. Cole slaw is vinegar based with a tang and the mac n cheese side was good. A very bare bones decor, but real food !

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The pork bbq looks and tastes like it was done in a crockpot .the ribs were good .real tender and smokey flavor .cole slaw and beans are good .Carolina bbq sauce is great .i will go back but not for the pulled pork