Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Ponte Vedra Florida, United States
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Never even heard of Celebration but attended a convention in Orlando and was recommended this property from a good friend. Beautiful hotel with a eclectic feel. Professional and friendly service. Only there one night but will definately bring my family back. Very charming with boutique feel!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are tranquil and lovely.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heather L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

From the moment I drove around the corner and saw the wood faced building and the sign that said "Bohemian", I knew I was in for a different hotel experience. First - Excellent Curb Appeal - and that includes the well-dressed, well-mannered staff that provide valet parking or help to find free parking on the street (thanks guys!). Check in was a breeze and I received help with my luggage without having to ask for it. Second - The lobby is unique. Two thumbs up to whoever came up with the idea to build a hotel around an art gallery! From the chandeliers in the outdoor dining area to the chairs by the 3rd Floor elevators, to the paintings and photography on display everywhere, this hotel is a feast for the eyes. The eclectic mix of elements that drew upon the 1930's Old Florida Vibe, Art Deco and nature had me looking over my shoulder half expecting to see Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall! When I walked into my corner room I had stunning views of the lake and a huge 4-poster bed. A firm mattress and butter soft sheets had me sleeping like a baby. And may I say a big "THANK YOU" for the outstanding blues infused jazz that was playing; the Evian for my convenience; the Cabernet and (drum roll please) - Starbucks for my in-room coffee service! And you are the first hotel to actually provide me with extra pillows and extra towels. While I wished the menu was more extensive and provided more healthy choices, it does not take away from The Wedge Salad (Jalapeno Ranch Dressing) or that delightful breakfast muffin in the shape of a loaf filled with goodness and served with strawberry jam. Now that's art! I also took advantage of the Fitness Center and while it was a small room it had everything I needed to work out during the rainstorm - I didn't miss a fitness beat. Thanks for helping me stay on track. Last, but certainly not least, the staff at this hotel is just "off the hook". These folks want to be at the hotel - they like their jobs and it shows! I have over 30 years of professional Customer Service experience and I can tell you - this staff is doing it right. They make eye contact, they smile and greet people with genuine warmth. (Even the housekeeping staff in the hallways had a smile and a "Good Morning" for the guests.) They know the area and made wonderful recommendations so that I didn't feel like a guest or a tourist - I felt at home. Thank you Bohemian! I'll be back.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a view of the lake. That is not to be missed!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

It pains me to write this review on a Kessler property as we have been frequent guests at their properties in Orlando proper, Savannah and Asheville and have always enjoyed our visits.

However, while on a business trip in the Orlando area, decided to combine with a day in the park for pleasure. My assistant said there was a Bohemian hotel nearby and that was enough for me.

The hotel looks great from the outside. Unfortunately, this property was not up to Kessler standards, or at least what we interpret their standards to be. Checking in was pleasant enough but walking to room; carpet looked worn with bleach marks all over the place. We had to get a maid to reclean our bathroom. Room furnishings typical Tommy Bahamma, not Bohemian. Antiquated TV, hard mattress and cheap feeling sheets. Lastly, no morning coffee in the lobby so you had to walk over to Starbucks (unless you like to fix it in the bathroom where a small pot is located, ughh).

Sorry Mr. Kessler. You spoiled us with your other properties.

TL

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank TommyLongboat
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Disney World. It is very easy to find, and has both Valet and self park options ($15 and $10 respectively). We plumped to park a 2 minute walk from the hotel, on the street, as this was free, and we didn't have much luggage.
Check in was a breeze, and it was in fact the check in clerk that suggested the free street parking, A++!
Our corner room was a good size with plenty of windows looking out onto the pool and lake.
The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The shower was excellent, and the bathroom was large.
This was a wonderful stay at a charmingly designed, and located hotel.

My only complaint would be the charge of internet use. This hotel is not cheap, and the extra charge for WiFi is unnecessary.
I've stayed in many hotels with a charge for interent in the rooms, but there is ALWAYS complimentary WiFI in the reception or business centre. I don't want to pay a service charge to spend 5 minutes checking my emails once a day while on vacation, a real letdown.
If they can offer free WiFi in Denny's and IHOP, then they sure as hell can in a $200 a night hotel!

Room Tip: Lake side is the best pick! And make sure to street park for free, it's a very safe neighbourh...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SamiKnight
Stuart, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I had a tube tv in my room. They closed the bar down at midnight. Worst part of stay was no tables were being used for breakfast at 7:10 am but every table was full of dirty plates and glasses. I sat there for 10 minutes before I was helped and then it took almost 30 minutes for my food to arrive and then 5 minutes plus for them to bring me silverware after my food arrived. This was one of the worst breakfast meals I have had in years. I spent over 1 hour for breakfast. Then it took 15 minutes for the valet to get my car when no one else was in line. Seems like the valet has two other jobs around the hotel. I was late by 15 minutes for an important meeting I had that morning. If you are in Celebration for business do not stay at this hotel because none of the employees I saw had any sense of urgency.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
#29 of 335 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,060 reviews
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 335 in Orlando
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,382 reviews
Lake Buena Vista
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!