“Casselberry’s Gem ”
Review of Wa Sushi

Wa Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Wa Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Casselberry
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

There aren’t many restaurants to pick from in this area of town and I am grateful for Wa Sushi! I’ve eaten lunch and dinner here and each time I’ve eaten here it’s been delicious food. The service is always good and the Chef’s always do a great job with the taste, quality and presentation.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

A delightful discovery in an unexpected location.
Big sushi fan and pleasantly surprised of this hidden gem.
Superb and fresh fish, nicely (but not obsessively) composed and served.
We started with the Hamachi jalapeno, a very good balance of sweet and spicy.
The spicy tuna roll was divine as well as the toro, ebi, ikura and unagi.
The diamond was the Japanese sea urchin that we had both as sashimi and nigiri.
The Tamago closing was also delicious and a very good selection of beers and sake'

The service was attentive and super-friendly. Christine was a joy to have at our table.
The establishment decor is not the best, but we did not care at all, given the superb quality of the food. The prices are pertinently quite reasonable.

Thank you so much and we will be back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

This is definitely an "out of the way" spot. You have to go in search of it (use Waze or some other GPS) or you'll miss it. We went it for a late Sunday lunch, starting with Tempura appetizer -- very light and delicious. I had the teriyaki salmon which came with California rolls and dumplings - oh and soup or salad. I went for the Miso soup which was very tasty. My partner had Oyako Don -- simmered chicken, egg and vegetables over a bowl of rice. Both were excellent. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I would probably give Wa 3.5 stars if that was an option on TripAdvisor... This was our first time and we happened to pick a very crowded night when they had 2 large (12+) parties booked at the same time. Luckily I had made a reservation prior to coming so we were seated right away. The server, Christina, came to see us promptly and brought us water. She told us the rolls would take a little longer because of how busy they were, so I was prepared.

We started with a Wa Toro Tartare. It was good; but based on the size of the serving and the cost, we will not get it again and I would not recommend it.

My wife had a Blue Fin Roll and a Corona Roll. She liked them both; but really liked the Blue Fin Roll. I had a Samurai Roll and Sea Dragon Roll. Both were good.

They have a very limited wine list with about 6 different wines available, and none of them were a Cabernet.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I and my husband went for dinner and had a superb time. Our server Vivienne was lovely in every respect. She paced our several courses perfectly and was very affable.
We had several types of Japanese fish we hadn’t had before and were quite impressed. Everything was impeccably presented and fresh beyond compare. The tuna belly was by far the best I’d ever had.
They have daily specials which are splendid and will keep us coming back for more. Aside from a vast array of sashimi we also had fried squid, raw marinated octopus and an assortment of other delights. They have a nice selection of Japanese beers and sake which are very reasonably priced.
I was pleasantly surprised when I received the bill. Considering how much we ordered it was inexpensive.
We very much look forward to our next visit!