“got lured in the the 2 for 1 drinks, but the prices really weren't that great”

Monarca's Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar & Grill
Ranked #49 of 468 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: USD 10 - USD 80
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: When you walk through our doors, you feel like you were suddenly transported to Mexico. Our food is fresh made out of the freshest ingredients and encompasses truly authentic dishes brought over from our family recipies in Mexico. The smell alone makes your mouth water. We are right on the water, with direct access to the river so you can come by boat, you can drive or you can walk because we are just two blocks north from the main downtown area strip street of Cape Coral Parkway on Del Prado Blvd. You will leave Monarca's but Monarca's will never leave you and you will keep coming for more!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The margaritas were GOOD, but not quite the deal we'd expected. The food was average Mexican food. A very large, very busy place !

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went for 1st time w party of 9.
Very busy. Very nice inside.
Service was good. W one excemption.
Food csme out over a 10 min period. Then my meal went to another table.
Who dug into it a bit. Then the server
Brought back to me and insisted. No one touched it. We saw where it went and it being eaten from. By hands. It was there for several min before server went there and then dumped in front of me.
I told them i do not want this. I had to push the issue a few more times to where i said firget it. I dont want a new one either. I was upset by then. She then took away and 10 min later brought me a new one. Which we boxed up and took home. Not a very good impression of service. Not to sure sbout going back. Too bad. The others meals looked nice. But. Kinda ruined the mood by the actions of server.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Monarca's lives up to it's name for being an Authentic Mexican Restaurant. The food was very good and the service was OK. It's known to be one of the better Mexican restaurants in Cape Coral.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Typically go @ 1 per month and it just keeps getting worse. Took out of town guests and we were so disappointed.

My husband had carnita and it wa so dry it was like jerky. He asked for additional sour cream and jalapeños. They brought them with the check.

I had chicken fajitas. The chicken was great, but the side dish with extras was disgusting. Apparently they put this dish under the heater. Rice was so hard it couldn’t be eaten. Beans were dry. Lettuce was wilted and sour cream had melted and run into everything on the plate.

We actually had to go inside and find our waitress to ask for an additional drink, even though they were 2for 1.

Sorry to say we will NEVER. Go again.

Looking for recommendations for a good Mexican restaurant.

1  Thank Sandi D
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We went here for lunch and had outdoor seating Great albiance with good food and service The portions were large and we had to take some away because we couldn't finish them

Highly recommend