“Good Dinner”
Review of Ceno Grille

Ceno Grille
Ranked #16 of 481 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ceno Grille serves fresh, homemade Italian and Greek cuisine for lunch and dinner. For amazing food, service and atmosphere, look nowhere else! Ceno Grille is a small cozy restaurant perfect for the whole family. We have a large menu with many different options to choose from. Everything is fresh and homemade as if grandma made it herself, we don't even have a freezer! That's right, we make our own bread and everything is made in house. If you are in need of some recommendations, our Seafood Asparagus, Veal Piccitta, and Firehouse Chicken are just a few dishes that our customer's rave about. Our prices are affordable with our weekly dinner specials. Make sure to check us out on Mondays, we have pasta specials and it's something you don't want to miss. We also have a nice selection of draft beer and wine for you to enjoy with your meal. If you have a special event coming up, let us know. We have catering options available. Join us for Happy Hour, Monday thru Friday, 3pm-6pm for $1 off anything. So if you are looking for some excellent homemade food with great service (our wait staff is pretty amazing too), and great atmosphere give us a try for lunch or dinner today. You will be glad you did.
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Came with another couple for a weekday dinner. Happy to see the restaurant was busy. We had four different dishes. The other couple had seafood and steak dishes which they enjoyed. I had a chicken dish which was fair. This is the first time anything at Ceno’s was sub par. Potatoes were dry and overly salty. My wife felt her salad was overdressed. The service was excellent as always. We hope this was an off night and will remain loyal to this restaurant, which otherwise has always been a gem.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

We were there for a late dinner and the restaurant was not busy. We were seated promptly and the service was good. My companion had ceno salad- cherry tomato, walnuts, & crumbled bleu cheese tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette over a mix of greens which was good. I had a special "Seafood Siciliano" which advertised shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and peas with linguine covered in a light marina sauce. This was all true and was tasty but they failed because all I could find of the crabmeat was a piece someplace between the size of a dime and nickel. The shrimp and scallops were a tad overdone but short of being tough and chewy. If they were on "Chopped", they would not have made it to the next round because they missed a basket ingredient.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We picked this place from an online search, looking for Greek food. The menu was a combination of Greek and Italian and everything was delicious. Prices very reasonable too.

They had non-alcoholic beer, which I appreciated, and the drinkers in our party were happy with the draft choices, etc.

Only quibble is that it was very noisy and so hard to hear each other. But if you're looking for a lively bar/restaurant atmosphere, this place will work for you.

Also, there were 2 TVs on over the bar, one set on Fox News.This is a deal breaker for me and I won't return because of the Fox News choice. Too bad for all the good reasons above!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I've eaten at Ceno's on a number of occasions, and have always been more than happy. Sorry I didn't write a good review previously, because this one is not going to be favorable.
Lunch today with a friend I hadn't seen for a while. 12:30; there was a couple at another table, otherwise restaurant empty (doldrums in SWFL). we talked for a long while, then ordered. I got the gyro, she ordered a patty melt, medium. Our orders took what seemed to me a long time to come out, but we didn't mind... My gyro was fine (though fries were not hot), but her hamburger patty was very rare and cold in the middle; she sent it back for more cooking. It came back out still rare and still cold in the middle. My friend asked the kitchen to start over, and make the patty well-done this time, figuring... well, you can understand her reasoning. Twenty five minutes later I had almost finished my gyro and her patty was missing in action: when we asked the server where it was we were told "he's melting the cheese." It showed up soon after, with onions on top of the cheese this time, and very well done indeed.
Again: it WAS lunchtime; one other table was occupied; there were at least two young men in the kitchen; and clearly NO pressure. I should add that our already unhappy lunch was punctuated by occasional LOUD crashing from the open kitchen right next to us. I assumed the first crash, early on, was an accidental dropping of dishes, but by the 6th deafening crash (yes, I started counting after 3) it was pretty clear that the noise was deliberate.
Although my gyro was fine, I have to call this an extremely unpleasant experience, certainly not at all the norm for Ceno's; there obviously was something going on backstage that had nothing to do with us, but we suffered the consequences. Perhaps ours was a unique experience, but it says something about the professionalism of the establishment.
Our waitress was apologetic, and comped my friend's lunch; I suspect she took it on herself to do so, as I don't believe the owner, or any other management, was present, possibly explaining the kitchen fiasco. That good-business gesture was appreciated. I can't speak for my friend, but I shall be back, probably after a long while.

1  Thank KilroyWasHere
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Wow...just wow! NEVER have I EVER been made to feel SO BAD about eating in an establishment that I couldn't even continue to sit there and finish my meal. Packed it up and couldn't get out of there fast enough! The owner was walking up and down the aisle, asking everyone (all couples) how the food was. I could tell he knew I was there, but he totally ignored me...no direct look at me, let alone "hello" or "how's your food?" Awful! I was definitely NOT being treated like the other customers, and while the cute young waitresses were attentive enough, I just couldn't stand this. I felt ostracized because I was an older woman dining alone, like me spending my money there wasn't worth his time, especially when so many other restaurants are desperate and grateful for any customers, and show it. Food is great too, but this experience was definitely FAREWELL FOREVER as I would NEVER set foot in this place again! He truly showed he didn't care about ALL his customers.

Date of visit: September 2018