“Another Hidden Gem in Cape Coral”
Review of Siam Hut

Siam Hut
Ranked #47 of 480 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: USD 20 - USD 20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Even though this restaurant has been here for decades you could easily pass by it without realizing it which I did for about a year. Once you walk in the doors of the nondescript strip mall you enter a beautiful restaurant. Nicely decorated to make you feel like you've stepped into Thailand. The menu is extensive. We had the chicken and shrimp pad thai and they were both excellent. The service was great as well. Looking forward to going back many more times.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were looking forward to this for a few days because it had great reviews. Is a lovely restaurant tucked away as usual in Cape Coral in a strip mall. I do have to say that the place looks lovely and smells good when you come in. It was nothing really wrong with the service it was adequate but nobody was smiling it was as if we were doing them a favor by turning up for lunch. My daughter ordered two appetizers I ordered one appetizer and one plate and I have to say all together the four plates might have made one decent meal. My main dish was Green Papaya shredded with what I expected to be a fabulous sauce and wound up being high and garlic and a tiny little salad. For nearly $10. There are other restaurants I would rather go to for Thai food but if you go here perhaps if you order a noodle or rice dish it might be better. I don't know because I didn't try those but I really won't be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

First time here and we weren't disappointed. Great service. Food was excellent. Good size portions. Fair price. e'll be back.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This little gem was recommended to us by friends in Cape Coral who eat here quite often. We went on a Sunday evening, early enough before the evening rush. We were seated promptly. The décor was very Thai-esque (whatever that is, but I liked it).

We were waited on almost immediately by a pleasant gentleman who got our drink order. Our food order was taken by a very sweet lady who explained the vegan options as many dishes have fish or oyster sauce. She did state that they could leave it out of any dish which is great as we do not hear that often enough in other Thai restaurants. I ordered the Red Curry dish with steamed tofu.

Our food arrived fairly quickly and was delicious. I ordered mine at medium heat and it was almost too spicy, but not enough I couldn't eat it. It was a lot of food so I was able to take some home with me.

We will certainly come here again. Such a delight.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I know what you are thinking - I've driven by this place before, and it gets good reviews, but is it really a restaurant and is it worth trying?

YES - you've gotta try it!

Sure it looks like it is part of the consignment furniture shop - but once you get inside and start tasting what they have to offer you will forget where you are at...

If you try it and don't like it I would be surprised. We've taken several friends and everyone is happy when they leave.

We suggest the red curry and the sweet and sour stir fry.