“Great food but I don't like the self service ”
Review of Bread Pete

Bread Pete
Ranked #3 of 18 Bakeries in Cape Coral
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

This place is great! We had breakfast and while very different, it was delicious. I do not like that it is self service though. I just don't like that everyone comes in from the street and reaches into the cases to serve themselves. It might be a good concept however that's why I don't buy donuts from 7-11. You just do not know what the people were doing before they touch the food or even the things that you touch as well. I prefer to know that the person washed their hands first. This is a European style bakery so I guess that's how it is in Europe?? I had a bratwurst for breakfast with sauerkraut! While the brat was not seasoned like we are used to here, it was delicious. I would say in American style it was more like a knockwurst. The sauerkraut was good but basic. The hot mustard was in a metal tube but was good but not hot at all. The meatloaf my husband had was good but it was more like spam. The server compared it to Bologna. It had an egg on the top too. My husband really enjoyed it. We also took some fresh baked pretzels with us. They don't last long so probably do not have many preservatives. This is great to know. Overall it is a cute cafe with friendly staff and a decent yet odd selection. We would go back again when in the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Stopped by for some goodies an hour before they closed so choices were limited but not enough for us to get a good sampling of some delicious treats. My favorite was the Maple Pecan twist. We also tried the vanilla fruit pastry, German apple cake, apple pastry, cinnamon swirl and cheese twist. All were very yummy and I'm glad we stopped by. I will be stopping by before I head back to Georgia to pick up some apple pastry's for my husband.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Great choice of breads and pastries. We only just discovered this place near the end of our holiday, my son loved the pretzel stick! The pastries were light and crisp and being able to have small pastries is great. You need to be here early morning to get the biggest choice so will definately be back on future holidays to the cape, thank you

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Big selection of breads, pastries, and other baked goods. Nice and relaxing to get a pastry and a cup of coffee!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

What a nice surprise! From the moment you walk in until you leave the experience is really nice. The breads to choose from to the breakfast menu are awesome. I can't wait to go back. We go fresh kaiser rolls take out for our hamburgers.