All reviews economy room b b q fishing poles dock area covered deck nice living room heated pool bbq grill needed a place to stay other guests full kitchen hotel room would stay here again fort myers beach palm trees cape suite
Reviewed 12 June 2018

They treated me very well here. I was in an economy room and the bed was terrible and shower small, probably made for children as it was an adjoining room. They moved me to a suite fortunately there was one open, they moved my bags for me and were just great all around. The bed and shower in the suite were very comfortable. there was a recliner for relaxing. I would defiantly stay here again just not in the economy room.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JG3-777
HideawayResort, Owner at Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! Great to hear that the suite was more comfortable for you!

Mark & Linda

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I'm not sure if it was just my room, But when you walk in the carpet throughout was very soiled. The bathroom door would not even close. The whole place needed updating. I'm not a normal complainer, but I would not stay there again. Being Waterfront it was nice, and they did have a pool. The location was convenient to everything. If my wife was with me we probably would have left.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank DOUGLAS S
HideawayResort, Owner at Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thanks for commenting!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stayed at this hotel with some friends on 3/17/18. My room was a suite and on the second floor. The room had a view of the water if you were standing up in the kitchen. The TV in our bedroom did not work and the next day I went take a shower and the water would not turn on. My husband tried to get the water to work and it would not come on for him either. There was a metal plate behind the water turn on valve and it looks like in the past, guest have had issues with the knob. I tried to call the front desk that morning and nobody was there to help us at 6:15 am when I called. The bed was very uncomfortable and the place was not clean. I called and left message 3 times and nobody called me back. I spoke to Kyle the Manager and he was very rude when I asked for a partial refund since I could not take a shower and the TV did not work. I asked for the owner Mark to call me back and he did not call me back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrightonladySpring

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel room was cute and the pool was okay but I expected more based on the pictures. Shower area old , small and the shower handle fell off during showering.
Not a bad place just expected a lot
more for the price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HideawayResort, Owner at Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us, and for letting us know about the issue.

Mark M., Owner

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

After road tripping across Florida for a few days we were weary of trying to avoid expensive ( including parking and resort fees) options. Hideaway provided an attractive alternative if looking for a reasonably priced home-base as compared to a destination/resort location. Beware of the sofa sleeper- not comfy at all; our third person slept much better on just the sofa. Pack your own night light if desired as there are limited, if any low light options at night. The neighbors said fish including sheepshead, sailcats, mangroves, cyclids can be caught).The rods and bait buckets ( if you opt for live bait) appear to be serviceable but the reels were trashed and indications are the hotel was not focused on maintaining them in working order...so bring your own reels/line/baits if planning to fish. The positives far outweigh any negatives. We would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HideawayResort, Owner at Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for choosing us - glad you found so many positives in your stay! We appreciate the great review!

Mark & Linda