“Excellent Restaurand”

Duke of Germany
Ranked #113 of 474 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated. Susen (owner and chef) has been indulging her guest since 25 years. Since march 2010 we serve German dishes in Cape Coral.
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We frequent this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone. The family are delightful. Service was great and very helpful.

The food is wonderful and served hot. I would love to see a restaurant like this in many other cities.
The Jaeger Schnitzel and spaetzle are wonderful

1  Thank Doris M

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Been to the Duke many times & have never been disappointed. As usual I had the house specialty the Grill Haxe. Other than appetizers I don't need a menu when I go to the Duke.

1  Thank spikedude61
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Dinner with wife. She does a lot of cooking, so she tries many ethnic foods. Her background is German American. I go along for the ride.
Both of our meals were well prepared and flavorful.
Small restaurant in a strip mall, but very clean and appealing in an informal way.
I opted for the Sauerbraten while my wife ordered Weinersnitzel. Both were good and well prepared.
I would go back again.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

My wife, being of German descent, was reluctant to visit this restaurant for fear of an americanized German meal. Such was not the case. She had the basic Schnitzel and loved it. I had the Jeager Schnitzel and loved it. The couple that came with us loved their schnitzel and sausages also. This is a family run restaurant. Mrs. in the kitchen, husband & son on the floor taking orders, etc. Don't think the son was enjoying himself but he's a young man with other things on his mind. He was quick, nice & informative. That's what counts. Owner came over and was delighted my wife and I raved about our schnitzel. I think he was a little apprehensive. Reasonable prices, good service and good eats. I assure you, this is one of the most authentic German restaurants we have ever been to. We'll be going back often.

1  Thank Terry W
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

If you enjoy German food and beer, don't skip the Duke. While they offer an expansive menu of traditional German fare, it's very hard to beat the classic veal schnitzel with roasted potatoes and red cabbage. Simple and outstanding. Make a reservation during the high season.

1  Thank stephslange