“STILL THE ONE”

Ranked #3 of 481 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: USD 5 - USD 38
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "Come Feel the LOVE" Italian Trattoria. Who are we? Housed in a replica of a 1920's NYC store front, Ciao features authentic Neapolitan pizza made with imported "00" Caputo flour, San Marzano tomato and fresh made mozzarella daily prepared in an authentic 800 degree wood burning oven. We also specialize in freshly prepared Italian dinner dishes, seafood, chicken & veal, fresh catch and home of the 7 Layers of Love" ( our house Lasagna) as well as homemade desserts, cappuccino, large imported wine selection & micro brews. Outdoor dining al fresco on the streetfront patio is unique. We carry a large winesj & micro beer selection, wine lover? Ask about "Our Stash" high end wine cabinet. See you soon Ciao! Jill & the family
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We had a date night dinner on Friday night at our favorite place in Cape Coral. Our dinner started with a great glass of wine and a wonderful appetizer, Bruschetta. Our great dinner consisted of Beef Stroganoff and my husband's favorite, Lasagna. Both were prepared perfectly and tasted just great. The dessert was an apple bread pudding with icecream, which was delicious and sinful. We have been going to Ciaos for years and have gotten to know the owners and staff well. When we walk through the doors, it is really like eating at a relative's home. Thanks again to Jill, Chris, Travis and the entire staff for a great night.

1  Thank Jim F
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Jim F,
Thanks you so much for taking the time to share your dining experience for all to read, we greatly appreciate that. Most importantly I/we want to thank you for the years of patronage to our family trattoria, truly no greater LOVE ! As for desserts, yummy....always trying to make my Mom & Dad proud of our Italian family Trattoria! See you soon and thank you for enjoy/sharing in on the Ciao family dining!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

2 years ago we purchased a second home in Cape Coral and were fortunate enough to find Ciao. We come to the Cape 2-3 times per month and our #1 priority is to have dinner at Jill’s (Ciao). It is the perfect, small friendly place with outstanding food that is a treasure to the community. Unfortunately the road “improvements” in front of the restaurant over the past year have made it almost impossible for people not from CC to figure out how to get there leaving Jill (and other business owners on the street) losing significant amounts of money. The city is well over time and budget (by millions) and simply can not do this to their great small business owners and expect them to absorb such devastating losses. I doubt that the City will do anything to help the several businesses who have lost so much money but anyone looking for the BEST meal they will have in Cape Coral PLEASE go to Ciao to help keep them in business. My husband and I would truly be heart broken if they don’t survive this most recent crush on their income on top of the huge loss from hurricane Irma. And you’ll be rewarded with a wonderful experience and some of the best Italian food you will ever eat.

1  Thank Cheri K
Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Cheri K,
Thank you so much for not only sharing the LOVE for all to read, but for all you support of my family Trattoria. As you know with this road construction it's been very rough, but with customers like you, WE will survive.....so we'll hold your table nightly when your in town, lol! Thanks again for veing such a special part of our Ciao, family!
Jill & the boys!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Small, quaint restaurant. Nicely decorated but cramped. They push the expensive bar pies. We call them bar pies up in NJ because of the size. Just big enough for one person. It says on their menu that you can’t share. ????
We ordered appetizers and dinner dishes. I ordered fried calamari and my husband ordered onion soup. My calamari was a very small portion for the price. My husbands soup tasted great. He ordered pizza and I had the Osso Buco. Problems: dinner came just minutes after serving our appetizers. Ugh. Pizza was burned and raw at the same time. I told him that he was going to have a belly ache after eating raw dough. He did. My dinner tasted as if it had been sitting around all week. Sorry, but at those prices I expect better. The woman(owner?) behind the front partition was very loud answering the phone and chatting up customers. It’s a NY thing but I was hoping on a quieter atmosphere. They push the expensive wine, too. We dropped over $87 for food we definitely didn’t enjoy. We also didn’t have any wine or alcohol. We will mark this place off our list. Wood fire, burned pizza and old tasting food just isn’t worth it. We have a better Italian restaurant up in NFM.

Jill725leo, Owner at Ciao Wood Fired Pizza and Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Renee,
Thanks for sharing your dining experience with us, though it is truly an unfavorable one. I'm the loud owner/chef, you were referring to, my name is Jill. Sounds as though when you arrived your were not going to have an enjoyable experience.
The size of my building, seating, yet nicely decorated.
And push pies? we hand you a dinner menu, and the pizzas are on the last page. Our first page is our Chefs Creations Nightly Specials. Also we don't serve "Bar Pies" we actually serve authentic Neapolitan Pizza, and if you Google that you will find the defination of exactly what we serve. And never on our menu does it state you cant share. It is recommended that it is a Single serve 4 slice pizza, the rest is up to the customer and we have many whom share pies. Also its kind of hard to serve a raw pizza when it is cooked in a 900* wood fired oven, as for it being burnt, if you read the description it will have blister marks, again a trait of a authenitic Neapolitan pizza. As for our house made Osso Bucco, it doesn't sit around for weeks. It is one of our biggest sellers, created by my Mother, and cooked old school style, for hours, braising & roasting.
I like to address each complaint this way I have addressed each and every issue. As for my servers selling beverages, we sell soft drinks, teas, hot tea, wine, beer, coffee, after dinner drinks & cappuccino. They are never aggressive in pushing alcohol, as that's not our standard business model. My staff has been with me a long time and our reputation supports that. As for your cost of dinner, prices are beside each menu item, and just a brief calculation of what you stated you had for dinner is more around the $60 mark, plus tax.
So my final question for you, did you share your all of your unhappiness with your server, or any other staff member? As if you did, I'm sure we could have made your evening, a more positive dining experience. I also understand as a business owner you will never please everyone, but guarenteed we try our hardest to createan unforgettabledining experience. If you would like to contact me to discuss any other issues, or your experience with me, please contact me at 239-471-0033. Again my name is Jill.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Having never had Octopus I absolutely had to try the Octopus.. It was prepared to die for, sweet, tender and moist. I have a new love.

CarolynS2094,
Thanks for the post, but unfortunately it's for the wrong restaurant... we are Ciao Wood Fired Pizza & Trattoria, and we only serve amazing Calamari.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Took my family because of reviews from trip advisor. Service perfect!!!! Travis was personable and processional. Food exceeded my expectations. Everyone was very happy with every item. Get a pizza, get the Alfredo real deal. Ricotta cheese cake like home... We all would come back to cape coral just to go to Ciao.

1  Thank mbfoodie17

mbfoodie17,
Thank you so much, and Nana said, "Its all about the LOVE at Ciao!" And welcome to our family!
Ciao,