“Clean, but strangely decorated”

Hampton Inn Brooksville / Dade City
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Brooksville
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

I got a little lost and didnt get to the hotel until 11:30pm. In the interest of safety the doors are locked unless you have a key, so i had to check in on the side of the hotel. I was greeted by a friendly talkative man that made me feel welcome.

I stayed in a king room on the second floor. The room was clean and furniture was in good repair. However, it was strangely decorated. If I could sum it up, it looked like a person hanging on to their 80's haircut would have been the designer. The carpet was a dull brown, the wall lights were on neon burgundy painted bases, the wall was painted green and the furniture just didn't seem right. This certainly wasn't the Hampton Inn brand standard decor.

The breakfast really stood out. As a HHonors diamond member, I eat a lot of Hampton breakfasts, but rarely have I seen a host that was as friendly and concerned about the guest's happiness with breakfast service.

I choose this hotel because of the location's convienience being right off the highway and limited higher end options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Family members recently stayed at the Hampton Inn, Brooksville FL right off I-75. We were all in town celebrating Mom's 90th birthday, and we could not have asked for better service before and during our multi-night stay. Donna was most accommodating, helping us to reserve multiple rooms at a group rate; warmly greeting us upon our arrival and making us feel at home as we left or returned to the hotel. As an added touch, she coordinated with a nearby hotel allowing us to store flowers in the other hotel's large walk-in cooler, even offering to pick the flowers up when we needed them. The hot breakfast, included in the daily room rate, offered a nice variety of food including freshly made waffles. The dining area staff was very friendly and made sure the area was clean and well stocked. Our room was promptly refreshed and looked nice upon our return after a long day of celebration. The Hampton Inn added to the pleasant memories of a wonderful occasion.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Don G

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to serving again in the future. Glad everything worked out for the birthday celebration. Any time you have a question during a stay please ask any Associate, we will be happy to help.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I know that many times hotels are not in the towns where they say they are but this one was about 12 miles from the heart of Brooksville. Right off I-75. I needed to be on the other side of town. This was not what I expected from a Hampton Inn. There was a pool but it was at the hotel next door at the Choice brand and you could use it, but not onsite. I had to get help to open my room door four times because the keys did not work. They did tell me that they were replacing the locks soon. Not acceptable. First Hampton that I have stayed at that had two entry doors one from the parking lot where you could possible park and one from inside. Oh the keys did not work on either door. Staff was very friendly and the only reason I gave this location three stars. No fitness center, I should have read more but thought all Hampton's had such a room. Apparently, renovation upcoming and it can not come soon enough. It was not a bad hotel if you are used to less but this did not meet what I expect to find at a Hampton Inn. Did have a welcome reception with beer and wine. Breakfast was typical Hilton Inn. If you are traveling I-75 and no need to be in the heart of Brooksville it will work. Not on my immediate return list.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

majkirk,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. The locks are old, but they are part of a planned upgrade coming soon. Our new fitness center will also be part of the renovation, in addition to some other changes.

Our location near I-75 allows us to serve travelers passing through and both the City of Brooksville and Dade City.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Having stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns, I will say without reservation that this was the absolute worst one I have ever experienced. The room was very musty and just smelled terrible. There was a cobweb in the corner wall with at least a couple of insects trapped in it. The bathroom floor appeared dirty, and the surfaces of the nightstands were not clean. All of this certainly motivated me to get going once morning arrived! On a positive note, there is an evening reception with light food and beer/wine offered at no additional cost as well as the standard breakfast. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Came in for a three night stay last weekend, Thurs - Sun. This will give you an overall test of a hotel, because one night might be a fluke, in either direction, good or bad. I can tell you that all three nights, this place was great quality, good service, and very accommodating! The breakfast was better than average, and the bed was VERY Comfortable, and I had two different rooms. I figured the last night I might drive don the Key West and spend the night, but ended up coming back to this place because the price was right, and it was really good overall. Shower pressure and water temperature was really good, maid service was really good, and had no problems at all. I would have no reservations (haha, get it) about letting you know this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank coachphlieg
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Brooksville / Dade City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

coachphlieg,

Thank you writing a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Our location makes us a great place to stop on the way in or out of South Florida and we are within easy driving distance of Tampa and Orlando, but don't forget to take advantage of all the great things to do here in the Brooksville area, including golf courses, outdoor attractions and the beaches of the Nature Coast. Ask an Associate to make suggestions during your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooksville
0.5 km away
0.2 km away
Quality Inn & Suites and Conference Center
20 km away
Hampton Inn Dade City-Zephyrhills

Been to Hampton Inn Brooksville / Dade City? Share your experiences!