“Yes, you can stop in on Monday”
Review of Roosters Cafe

Roosters Cafe
Ranked #29 of 142 Restaurants in Brooksville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We came across this during a drive but almost didn’t even try to stop as Trip Advisor noted it as closed on Monday. We found it open and serving many at noon. The dining area is large with red and white checkered plastic tablecloths throughout, all very clean and not sticky, as often happens. The staff swoops in and cleans up a table the minute it is empty. Locals seem to enjoy the place, picking up menus and seating themselves. Bathrooms were clean with hot water, my personal peeve if missing, and plenty of soap. I think our server, who was so happy and funny, must serve many who are hearing challenged as she had a very loud voice that could be heard across the room. I ordered a hamburger platter with tomatoes and cottage cheese. My DH ordered a daily special of a huge egg salad sandwich with chips and soup. I’d say the day’s special is the way to go if you are hungry. Less cost for plenty of food. The diet plate cost more with much less food, not that I needed more. The hamburger was pretty flat and a little dry but tasted good. The tomato slices were thick and meaty, tasting pretty darn good for out of season, though I’m sure there are plenty of growers in this area. We parked in a lot next to the place, missing the lot behind the café where there is plenty of parking. Reasonably priced. We would stop here again.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Fast friendly and great home style food. Owners are very friendly. Great place to eat and hang out. Good location, easy in and out. Specials everyday.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

I had a breakfast that was huge! Ham and Mushroom Omelette with fresh home fries and a great biscuit. Service was prompt and friendly and prices were very reasonable and everything was very clean. I have not had lunch there but I have no doubts that the lunch will also be great.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

We came across this restaurant by accident. It is a genuine old fashioned all American dinner, including red and white chequered table cloths. We both had one of their breakfasts. Lovely eggs sunny side up, wonderful crispy bacon and palmatier potatoes. It came with buttered toast and they even had marmalade which is virtually unknown in USA. They were generous with their hot tea and coffee and the bill represented excellent value for money.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

This is another of those "just putting on the feed bag" restaurants. They do a great business when they are open (seasonal). They seem to cater to the older crowd (snowbirds) who are used to mediocre food. Great service, though and average prices. The food is more like a chain restaurant and fills the belly until the next hunger arises on the trip.