“If you like a broiled or baked rainbow trout dinner at a moderate price, you will enjoy it at this Cracker Barrel!”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store And Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 142 Restaurants in Brooksville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 September 2015

This is an excellent choice for families traveling, especially with children. The food at the restaurant is excellent and the prices are very budget friendly. In addition there is a travel store with all sorts of very helpful items.

2  Thank Joseph M

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

The food and service is awesome. Try the pumpkin custard with ginger snaps. The salmon was awesome as well. The country store has a lot of seasonal stuff.

2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 3 September 2015

There are certain things you just love about Cracker Barrel, and are let down when you don't get. In many, you're greeted warmly and made to feel welcome. Not this one. We went at about 4 pm, and there was no one in line ahead of us, and lots of empty tables, yet we stood there at the host station waiting, and waiting, and waiting, while many employees walked past us, looked at us, ignored us, and didn't even acknowledge our presence, much less "be with you in a moment" or "how are you today" or anything! Finally seated by a robotic person with no people skills. Some of the food was really good, some was less than mediocre, and some was just horrible. The hash brown casserole, formerly a favorite of mine, was old and dry, and the sides altogether were very small. The worst part was that my food phobic child, who only EVER orders chicken fingers and fries no matter where we go, got undercooked (and I mean raw in the middle) chicken! She had started obsessing the minute she saw it "why is my chicken (breading) so light colored, it doesn't look right, it doesn't look cooked". I downplayed it and told her it was fine, because I'm always needing to put her fears to rest. I should have paid attention and listened to her. She ate like 2 bites, and then showed me how pink it was inside. I never send food back, because of all the horror stories I've heard about bad things happening to such orders. But we had no other choice than to point out the raw chicken! They brought her a new order, cooked properly, and they DID take her meal off our bill completely, without us even asking. They were very apologetic and made it right, but unfortunately, it was too late to save me from having a neurotic, panicked child on my hands. "I told you, I told you!" is what I got, with fear and trepidation and panic setting in on her part. She didn't eat another bite of anything after that because she was so paranoid about getting sick, and I had to reassure her all night long. Thankfully she DIDN'T get sick, but her entire meal consisted of a biscuit, and a few fries. Not their fault that she has issues, but just unfortunate that it happened to HER of all people.

2  Thank dblavers
Reviewed 18 August 2015

How can you advertise a daily special then be completely out of it??? And 4 additional
Menu items????? Mind boggling, BUT our waiter had a broken wrist and still did N awesomely job----I can't believe he was still working......food quality has decreased since our 1st visit--this marks our 4th.....thinking we will find another place to eat. Nothing to brag about.....just disappointed this time.

1  Thank Tyizaqt
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

These places used to be very good, good size portions & quality food.
Over the last 12 months I have noticed the portions getting so small I even asked if they had run out of mash potatoes!!! The server said " the portions have been reduced " but not the prices ..
Have stopped going now as we tried again & again the portions were tiny, even my 12yr old kids were still hungry when we left.
Food quality still good but can't justify the price now.

1  Thank owain12