“What a wonderful dining experience we had, hidden but worth the searching”
Review of Mallie Kyla's

Mallie Kyla's
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Brooksville
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They're one of the best places in town to eat. Larie Hensley is the owner and her son Ethan Hensley is one of the chefs. Also look into adding Coney Island.
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Not a place to visit for a quick meal, but WOW!!! what a wonderful place to explore while waiting to be seated. Such an interesting menu, makes it difficult to decide what you want to eat. We had The Florida Reuben and what a perfect choice we made. That was the best Reuben I have eaten in many years, piled extra high with meat, fresh, soft bun, very good meat to bread ration and even the pickle is delicious. However, the pasta salad was dry, mushy and not tasty at all; when I told Jackie, our waitress about this, she immediately brought me out a sample of the kidney bean salad, cucumber slaw, and potato salad so I could decide which I wanted and the kidney bean salad, the first time I have had it fixed their way, was oh sooooooo good. The absolutely very best "REAL" cherry coke since my grandfather used to fix them for me in his sweet shop when I was a child. Excellent service from Jackie, outstanding food, an amazing dining experience and cannot wait to return many times, until we have eaten everything on their menu.

1  Thank June G

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Fabulous variety of fresh food in a great space enhanced with vintage inspired tablecloths featuring Florida landmarks. The chicken salad & fruit was delicious, as was the chicken soup-hearty & the chicken salad wrap. Felt like I was in my friend's kitchen!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped visiting here for a while when we moved away but have happily come back. The food seems to have improved and the service was great. It was busy (always is) but this time we didn't feel rushed or ignored. And we loved being able to browse around the florist while we waited for our table.

We had the seafood special and the sandwich and soup and both were perfect. And of course we took home a huge piece of amazing cake.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Chicken Salad with cream cheese served on cinnamon raisin bread is YUMmy! The coconut pie is the best we've had. Friendly, quick service- will be back!

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

We made a Brooksville stop to pickup desert from the southern stylings of this Local landmark. The chocolate chunk peanut butter giant cookies were great.

Been to Mallie Kyla's? Share your experiences!