“Too sweet for a meal”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 142 Restaurants in Brooksville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve been to a Cheddars on SR 54 & had a decent meal but last night’s dinner on Cortez blvd did not please me at all. I ordered the Key West grilled chicken and shrimp. The shrimp was pale & chicken was tough. It was also doused in pineapple sugar sweet salsa that was more like a dessert than an entree. There was no process of grilling in this meal! And was very disappointed. Will not go back!!!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Food has been good each time we've been there. Fried chicken is delicious. Other places offer more healthy options, but for southern comfort food this is the place. Portions were plentiful. Service was adequate.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Our initial reaction was negative because of the hostess who greeted us. She needs to learn how to smile and greet people in a friendly manner. Once we were seated the dining experience was very good. Our waitress, Taylor, was very friendly and efficient. We had salmon which was delicious. The restaurant is a little noisy but otherwise comfortable.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Went yesterday with kids and grandkids and they got out of their way to give us a table in a corner to enjoy ourselves. The best part was the food. We had in our table from delicious potato soup, chicken pot pie, pastas, phillycheestake sandwich, chicken sandwiches and excellent drinks. Love Cheddars is excellent for family gatherings because the prices are decent enough for a get a family together for lunch.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Plenty of parking. Fast service. Easy to read menu. I had the tortilla soup. I could eat this as a main meal. Delicious. I also had chicken & shrimp with mango, & pineapple served over rice. A nice side order of fresh broccoli. Waitress was very helpful with explaining the different sides and how the food was prepared. My friend had the huge chicken pot pie. It looked yummy. I will return. The restaurant was clean, and clean restrooms.