“BEST sushi experience!”

Sushi Maru
Ranked #20 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 27 December 2015

We are long-time visitors to Tampa, and Sushi Maru is definitely one of our favourite places to visit when we're here. The sushi is of high-quality grade, totally fresh, and delicious--also, unique (where else can you get Aloha sushi with mango and coconut?!). The entrees are equally tasty and authentic, like you're eating at a Korean family's home.

What distinguishes Sushi Maru is the staff there. Chat up the sushi chefs, the manager and wait staff are friendly and quick to share a smile as well. You're treated like family!

Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

I was in town on business and was craving sushi so I found this place via Google. Not the biggest fanciest place, but then again these are the places that I've found have the best sushi. The chef was very nice, we chatted at the sushi bar while he prepared my rolls. Most importantly, the sushi was fabulous and not too expensive. I'd recommend this place to anyone in the area who wants great sushi!

1  Thank Geoff E
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

Truly exceeded all of our expectations. The atmosphere is nice, great service, and most importantly--outstanding sushi! Everyone was very warm and friendly, and the sushi master went out of his way to accommodate a special request by my son. He even treated my wife to a special creation just for her.

Having lived in Japan for many years, we love our sushi, and this is among the best we've had for a long time. The Red Dragon Roll and Sake Rotika were exceptional. Looking forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

Stopped here on a whim and so glad that happened. Clean, friendly, and a delicious menu. Ordered the Firecracker sushi and the preparation and presentation was nothing short of excellent. If you enjoy sushi come here because you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

If you like sushi, this is the place to go!
The staff is helpful, helping you understand the menu items.

The sushi is AWESOME! we have our favorites when we go, but trying new rolls is never a disappointment.

Great place to go for date nights, and much less crowded than the popular steak house nearby. A hidden secret!

Been to Sushi Maru? Share your experiences!