“A ittle piece of authentic Italy tucked away in Brandon.”
Review of Allegria Italiana

Allegria Italiana
Ranked #6 of 312 Restaurants in Brandon
Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2017

We were welcomed by Jennifer for an early dinner on a Wednesday night. From the outside you could not guess what you would find as you enter. The restaurant was dimly lit and very cozy. Interesting photos and frescos on the walls.. The evening got started with Bruschetta Tuscana (which was excellent) and plenty of wine. The fried ravioli was a real treat for our guests. For our entree's, we had linguini vongole and veal piccatine which were wonderful. But, the lemoncello cake was my favorite of the evening.

We were surprised when Ella Chadwell introduced herself and told us that she and her partner, Jimmy Silva (jazz pianist), would be entertaining us with great music from my era. This was not expected but a real treat. So, we stayed a bit longer to enjoy her music.

Allegria Italiana was an unexpected treat and we will surely go back again.

1  Thank robertdfrancis

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Went to Allegria on Christmas Eve and had a terrible experience.

Where do I begin? Menu prices were higher in the restaurant than online. Portions were very small (they served my wife the smallest chicken parm I’ve ever seen (being from NY I’ve been to many Italian restaurants and pizza joints). Even my salmon dinner, which was close to $20 was small and did not taste good. In addition, multiple orders were wrong and had to be sent back. Even the check was wrong and had to be adjusted twice.

And finally to make matters worse, they overcharged my credit card, which I am now disputing with my credit card company.
Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this place.

1  Thank joe s
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Arrived and welcomed in. David was our waiter and he was fantastic, he knew the menu inside and out. We had the eggplant rollatini as an app, lasagna and carbanara as entres and we the dessert was an amaretto cake with mascarpone topping... no only did we take home left overs we were stuffed! AND treated like guest of honor the entire night... can't wait to return!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We had a wonderful New Years Eve dinner at Allegria. The special menu for the evening offered appetizers, salads for two and several different entrees and not at elevated prices for the NYE! We shared the Caesar salad and ordered two delicious entrees. Great service made for a wonderful evening. I loved the ambiance of this lovely, small restaurant.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Late dinner Christmas Eve with party of 7, we were the last seating. Definite small business, authentic Italian atmosphere, not your Macaroni Grill industrial approach--liked that a lot. Seated right away, our server Eddie was excellent--friendly and accommodating. He made a wine recommendation that was superb. They had a limited menu that night due to amount of business they expected, but still a good selection and we ordered 6 different dishes. Almost everyone's dish was excellent (more on that). On the inconsistent side, there seemed to be some confusion in the preparation of the orders as the meals came out one and two at a time over about 15 minutes. The last two, the baso dish my wife and I ordered, was undercooked and chewy--chewy fish not a good thing. We brought this up and without hesitation these two meals were removed from our bill; I appreciated the quick, no-drama resolution. Overall, we liked the atmosphere and the quality, and will chalk the baso to a one-night anomaly. We'll be back and recommend if you're looking for authentic, locally-owned Italian, you go as well!