“Awesome sushi restaurant !”

Yokohama Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife Nataliia'cim visited this place today at 5:30 pm and had a delightful sushi dinner. Over the years , We've eaten in a lot of other sushi places spanning from hawaii to california to all the way to florida and i strongly believe that Yokohama has offered us the freshest and best cut varieties of fish in a very affordable price and yet the place was very pleasent to be in . The japanese chef is very knowledgeable and has extensive experience in sushi restaurants .
We have tried the every single fish available for sushi and sashimi and except the grouper( which was ok ) were top quality and tasted unbelievably good . Highly recommend it to all of you !!!!

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Beginning to end you feel the warmth and love of the staff. My favorite are the white tuna sashimi and the great rolls. Very kid friendly, a fav is the Ramune sodas.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Yokohama has a very authentic Japanese feel to it. The interior decoration appears legit, the sushi is well-prepared, and the overall experience is consistently very good. My only complaint, and it's not their fault at all, the stupid bar next door allows smoking and some of it seeps through the walls and into Yokohama. It's really unfortunate, but I forget about it within minutes and if I don't feel like going through that, the take-out option takes care of that. Overall, in terms of quality of sushi, I don't think you'll find better in Brandon.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Honestly, I was hoping and praying that I didn't get food poisoning. This was the worst sashimi and sushi I have ever had, you are better off getting it at the grocery store. The manager was nice but nice doesn't make the food quality better and when you are messing around with raw fish you really need to be careful.
First I got a salad that arrived looking like it was someone else's leftovers. I sent it back and told the server " I wouldn't eat that". (I should have left right then.)
When the sushi arrived it was on a bed of lettuce with lemons sliced so tiny I couldn't use them. I can only say that the quality was so poor I left most of it. Fish should be the freshest....it's Florida! We also had an eel/avocado roll....how can you mess that up? Terrible. Stay away!

1  Thank katrinangel2
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

The service here was perfect! I truly felt welcomed. However, the food was just OK. Pork dumplings, miso soup, and chicken teriyaki were good, but the hibachi, the sushi rolls, and the shrimp fried rice all left more to be desired. Probably won't return...