“Nicely Priced Tasty Dinner”
Review of Ryuu

Ryuu
Ranked #112 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At the Brandon Mall, new restaurant. Sister property is the Tsunami in St.Pete.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This was my third visit. My first visit was wonderful and exceeded my expectation. My second visit was okay. My third visit was excellent I’m glad I gave them another chance. We ordered the the Bul Go Ki Chicken and the Bul Go Ki Beef they are severed with Salad, Soup & Side of Vegetable Tempura. The only complaint I have is that they brought out the main entree to quickly. The main entree was served to close to the other accompanied food items and had to sit there while we finished up. However, the buy one get one Sake cheered me up. The food is tasty, nicely priced, the bathrooms are clean. Will be back

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We arrived at dinner time and were greeted as we entered. We were seated at a hibachi grill table immediately and given menus.
It only took about 10 minutes to give our orders followed quickly with ginger salads and Miso soup. The chef started cooking with the typical onion volcano and flipping shrimp. His cooking skills were A+ and the portions large.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

When we walked in the place seemed fairly modern and well kept. The servers were all very very friendly and took good care of us.
I had the steak and chicken which was about $25.
That was fairly high priced to me and the food while prepared well and the chef was entertaining I can't say it's worth the price.
The dinner came with miso soup, fried rice, noodles, and your protein.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

In our travels to Tampa we would stop in this mall and spotted this steakhouse when it first opened. It looked modern and new and we did like it when we first visited. Second time we noticed some things had changed and they looked a bit overwhelmed so we overlooked some things.
This last time however we visited we really noticed the downhill spiral this place has taken. The restaurant was dirty and unkept. The front door gentlemen sat us down and the table was greasy and dirty. When I mentioned it him, he did not seem to care. We decided to sit at the bar instead. We were 2 of only total of 3 people sitting at the time and all I will say is that the young woman behind the bar that waited on us was extremely not happy to be at work to say the least.
The food came out finally - I was hoping it would make up for the already unpleasant evening we were having but I was wrong. Needless to say my trips to Tampa will No longer include a stop here on our way back home. We will find someplace else. I really hesitated writing an unfavorable review and if we had gotten great service I might have not done so but the poor service and lack of care for your guests topped it for me.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We save this for special occasions! We enjoy the table top cooking and the fun! The food is good! I am not an expert on the sushi but the hibachi is good!

Been to Ryuu? Share your experiences!