Queen's Gate Resort
Tradewinds Beach Resort(Bradenton Beach)
USD 295*
USD 196*
USD 192*
USD 207*
  • Pool
USD 200*
Pelican Post(Bradenton Beach)
USD 185*
Anna Maria Island Inn(Bradenton Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 212*
Tropic Isle Beach Resort(Bradenton Beach)
USD 227*
Travelocity
USD 235*
USD 127*
All reviewsacross the streetgrassy areaheated poolmotel style placean updatebeach chairslaundry roombeach with easy accessthe cottagescomplete kitchenfront porchperfect spotbbq grillnice poolnext yearwithin walking distanceanna maria
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Queens Gate Resort is not fancy but it is charming and comfortable and well situated in the middle of the island. It's a walk down to Coquina Pier and a trolley ride down to Anna Maria. The beautiful beach is just over the road. The cottages are well equipped and Tina is on hand to help with any queries. We arrived out of office hours and we were able to contact Tina easily and she had left details on the door telling us how to get in. She greeted me the next morning with a hug. A wonderful woman and wonderful place. Many of our neighbours were on their 7th or 8th visit. I know that if we return to AM we will come back to QGR.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

The Queen's Gate resort worked for us. We checked into room 1 - which was a small efficiency with a kitchenette and queen bed.

The room was furnished in a beachy, attractive style but didn't offer much privacy. The room is located next door to the office - and opening the door or curtains meant a fair amount of passersby could look into the room. We didn't hear any other guests from inside our room but there was some foot traffic on the porch to and from the road.

The front porch is pleasant and offers a way of watching the world pass by plus a peek a boo view of the water across the street.

We were concerned about road noise - since the room was so close to Gulf Drive - but it was reasonably quiet at night with little traffic.

The resort is located across the street from the beach - which is a great beach. Kayak, sailboat, and paddle board rentals are available just up the beach at reasonable rates. The recently remodeled Gulf Cafe is a 50 yard walk and is a nice place for a meal on the beach anytime of day. Bridge street is just a short walk away - and there is plenty to do (shopping, restaurants and mini golf - a priority for us).

The resort has a pleasant pool in green garden area with a lawn. It's a lovely place to relax. The community of people were very friendly and we met several of the residents during our 3 days.

The room comes complete with towels and a beach umbrella. Parking is directly in front of the room for easy in and out.

The manager is very accommodating and is hands on. We got a nice tour of the facility and felt welcomed.

We would come back again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank kitewhiz
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Clean and well kept property. We were very pleasantly surprised. Tina was very helpful and accommodating. Her and Kathy were around every day. While this is a motel style place, it has a great gazebo and pool area. Each "cottage" comes with a patio with table and chairs. It's very close to the beach and lots of restaurants in walking distance. We enjoyed it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky33333
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Four of us stayed in the 2BR House which was a Doll House! Didn't have to bring a thing. It really felt like Home! Had a complete kitchen with all upgraded appliances including DW, Stove,Micowave, Side by Side Fridge/freezer as well as all dishes pots and silverware, 2 kinds of coffee pots kerig and drip! Dish Soap and towels ..had it all!
Each bedroom had ceiling fans and wall mounted tv's as well as living room,which had two pull out sofas and club chair. 1 bath with stall shower. Had lovely screened in porch and outside patio with table and umbrella and BBQ grill. Beach chairs are also there for use. Its just a great place that allows daily stays, and your pets are welcome! Clean Rooms and Friendly staff ! Definitely will return!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cjaycee777
Reviewed 23 November 2016

I stayed at Queens Gate Resort in November 2016. For those of you who may be like me, let me give you my first lesson in staying on Anna Marie Island in Florida, it seems that according to Queens Gate Resort, none of the places on the Island open before 9:30am. So don’t expect the office to be open before that time. I have been to many cabins in the mountains and several resorts in Florida and did not know this. I was given an ‘extensive’ showing of the room and what to do with garbage but, I guess I just didn’t pay attention to the time of opening. This was my fault per the establishment at the Resort. I will say the room was nice and well equipment. The queen bed was like sleeping in a taco shell… It sunk in the middle. Luckily, the plans for my son and his family to stay with us fell through – this was not the fault of the Resort … but if they had been there on the day we left it would have been terrible. We woke up to water all over the bathroom floor. The toilet had overflowed. We tried to call the office – but as I said the office does not open until 9:30. We had an 8 hour drive so, my husband, who is disabled but experienced in maintenance, fixed the toilet.
When we went to check out, the office was closed but there was an emergency number on the door. According to the Resort, I dialed the wrong number when I dialed the number. But the recording that answered my phone stated he was with the Resort. Also, the Resort stated they did not call until the day after we left because the phone was not working or the answering service was down. Again, my fault…They told me they appreciated the toilet being fixed and was going to give me a refund of one night. Needless to say, I was upset and tried to express this and continually was interrupted even when I was told to talk then they would talk. Then, since they felt I was rude to them so I would HAVE to say thank you for them to give me a refund of one night. I told them I was not going to say thank you and they hung up. But not before I heard them call me a ‘female dog’.
So, remember, if you visit, the office opens at 9:30, the phone / answering service may go down, and even if you call the emergency number and they ask you for the number you called, you will be told you dialed the wrong number even if the man’s answering machine states he is with the Resort. By all means be sure you fix the toilet from overflowing and stopping the Resorts property from being damaged, be sure to thank them for being so gracious as to say they will refund one night. Oh, yes, be sure you like a bed that sleeps like you are in a taco shell.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank Diane-Ev
QGR, General Manager at Queen's Gate Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

I cannot express my dismay of your review. As a matter of fact, I am speechless at the anger as well as the untruths. I will tell you this: Our office opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m. We are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our number is posted on our office door as well as the hours of operation. You dialed the wrong number by your own admittance. We have no voicemail that is answered by a man as we do not have any male employees or automated male voices. I have been the General Manager for almost 9 years.
Calling our office during non business hours will not work for any services thus the reason for the number on the door. I have spent countless hours assisting guests at any time of the day and night. I would have been happy to assist you in any way I could if you would have called the right number. That is not my fault. During your one night stay, depending on the circumstances, and even an home, toilets can have issues. I am thankful that you were able to unclog it. After your check out, I noticed the towels in the bathroom were wet, however sometimes it's pool or other related reasons. On the day that you checked out our office voicemail system was down and had to be repaired in order for me to retrieve messages. The next day when I was able to retrieve the messages I contacted you after hearing your message. I tried to offer you a refund or a credit which only resulted in your consistent screaming. I can't imagine how a one night stay could promote your anger to this extent. You would not even hear what I was saying or what I was trying to do for you. And I can assure you that no one called you any names. So I don't know what else to say at this point. I am sorry that this happened and I hope you have a better day.