“Tiki Time”
Review of Bridge Tender Inn

Bridge Tender Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Voted #1 Bar & Grill 4 years in a row! Established in 1989 - The Bridge Tender Inn and Dockside Bar is a favorite among locals and visitors from all over the world. Serving fresh seafood, great appetizers, and some of the best entrees, munchies and sandwiches around! The Bridge Tender Inn offers 3 full service bars on the water and live entertainment daily. There are docks available so come by land, by sea or by foot to experience a true hidden Treasure.
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Occasionally stop here for afternoon drinks and a bite to eat for a break from the beach or browsing the shops on Bridge Street. We enjoy the lively Tiki bar and outside seating vibe across from the main restaurant area that overlooks the bay marina and pier.

We have consistently had friendly and attentive service with good food and drinks. Had the Cuban sandwich and black bean soup on our last visit and found the sandwich sizable with a satisfactory portion of tasty fries and the black bean soup topped with onions and a dollop of sour cream particularly enjoyable. We usually avoid trying to park in the area but there are a number of spots designated as Bridge Tender Inn parking only. Prices are as expected for the island.

Bridgetender303, Social Media at Bridge Tender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We appreciate your visit to the Bridge Tender! It is gratifying to hear how much you enjoy our drinks and food, especially our Cuban Sandwich, French Fries and Black Bean Soup! Parking can be a challenge, and our parking attendant Tom does his best making sure our customers have a spot! Thank you for noticing our pricing is keeping in line with other island restaurants! We appreciate your patronage of the BTI, and thank you so much for taking time to review our restaurant.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We hadn't tried this place before and either had the couple we were with. I have to say we were a little disappointed. My cousin and I had coconut shrimp and split onion rings. They were fine. My husband on the other hand had grouper sandwich and fries. The fries were cold and when server came back to check my hubby told her and she said She would get some more. The second plate,of fries were not hot either. My hubby didn't eat those either. The server came back when we were done and when my hubby said they were cold too, she just said they should have been hot and that was it. The grouper sandwich was his least favorite on the island as well and most expensive during the month. It seems like a fun place but we will probably not go back

Bridgetender303, Social Media Director at Bridge Tender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

We appreciate your stopping by the Bridge Tender. Although you and your cousin enjoyed the Coconut Shrimp and Onion Rings, we are distressed to hear your husband was dissatisfied. Please know there is always an on-site manager who is available should any issue arise regarding your food or service. In this case he/she would have made sure your husband received hot French Fries. We strive to keep our pricing in line with other restaurants on the island. Our restaurant is, indeed, a fun place with live music nightly and twice on weekends. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We would like you to return and give us another opportunity to 'get it right'.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying this was the worst experience I've had at a restaurant on Anna Maria Island. Being a local and having worked on the island for many years and knowing many people that work in the restaurants. We decided to go to the bridge tender cuz we haven't been there in a while since I moved off the island. We sat at a table on the beach right by the liquor closet we ordered some drinks and decided we were going to order some food. The server delivered our drinks and never came back to our table to take our order. A couple sat next to us and had ordered I had eaten and paid their check and our server, don't know her name cuz she never told us, just kept walking past us. We decided to call the restaurant from our table and talk to the manager, Denise. She was very unprofessional and she wanted to take out order and have it delivered to our table. Never in my life have I heard such a thing and she laughed and thought it was pretty funny. She refused to come out to our table so I decided to go inside and speak to her myself. When I saw her Denise I automatically knew who she was. She still wants to take my order and bring it to my table. Told her I did not want to eat anymore cuz I was disgusted by the attendance I got from her and my server. She told me I would have to pay for my drinks and I told her that I would not pay for my drinks so she decided she would take care of the drink bill for me since we only had 5 beers. I think she is the most unprofessional and considerate joke of a manager. Now the other day my boyfriend got a phone call from a friend of his who is friends with Denise. He said "I heard you acted bad at the bridge tender. So that being said means that she went and bad-mouthed us to people that we know in the area. What manager in their right mind would do such a thing. I am a paying guest and that's the treatment that I received I am appalled by this period on the way out I spoke to another manager who was leaving in her car I told her about my situation she asked if I wanted a gift card I told her that's not what I was looking for. She gave me one anyway she was very professional very nice very sincere and her name is Shannon. So Bravo to Shannon that I will come back but if Denise is there I will leave

This review was addressed on our Facebook page as follows:

We regret your unfortunate experience at the Bridge Tender. Being local and having worked on the island, you must know this is not the norm for our restaurant. Obviously, there was a mix-up regarding your server, and we apologize for that. The restaurants on the island have been slammed this past week with it being season and spring break. Your issue regarding Denice has been forwarded to upper management. Although you were not looking for a gift card, at that point in the evening Shannon Dunnan (our Assistant General Manager) felt a compensation was in order. She is, indeed, sincere, nice and professional. The Bridge Tender values feedback in our effort to provide excellent food and service to our customers.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Certainly one of the best places to go on the Island. High point for us is when the band Bridgid's Cross is playing. Monday, Tuesday and Friday afternoon. WOW! Peg and Pauley are fantastic. Night always begins with great attention from Doris their hostess to claim a great seat. The wait staff is fantastic. Very attentive and very generous! Freddie the owner is there many nights, though we have never met him, we feel we have know this Wisconsinite for years. Food is typical bar food. Good food. They have a tiki bar across the street to unwind and socialize. You won't go wrong with this place.

Bridgetender303, Social Media Director at Bridge Tender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for you patronage of the Bridge Tender! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoy the time you spend with us! Your comments about our attentive wait staff and wonderful hostess Doris are very much appreciated! Fred, our owner, is 'hands on' at the bar and a great guy! He would be delighted if you introduced yourself! It is especially gratifying to know that you enjoy our food and the ambiance of our Dockside Bar. Thank you for your special recommendation of the Bridge Tender, and for taking your time to review our restaurant! It will be our pleasure to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Stopped in for an evening drink with some friends. Fun, lively place with live music. We didn't eat but menu appeared to be "bar food". Closes about 10 so if your looking for a late night hang out, this is not your place. Decorated with a lot of Green Bay Packer stuff. Not a fan :)

Bridgetender303, Social Media Director at Bridge Tender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for stopping by the Bridge Tender with friends for a night cap! We are delighted to hear you all had fun and enjoyed the music! We have quite a varied menu with many delicious entrees. Yes, our owner is a huge Green Bay Packer fan being from Wisconsin! Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We look forward to serving you again in the future!